DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need assistance! Rescue operation for my Mini 3 Pro

brendonb6154

Reactions
I was flying my drone when completing a quick shot near the cliffs by Scrips Pier San Diego. The drone crashed half way up the cliff and was basically destroyed on impact. I cannot get a visual on it from the ground or top of the cliff. I know its there. If there is anyone who would like to fly their drone and at least help me get a visual on it id really appreciate it! insurance requires me to turn in the old drone. I have an exact gps location of where it is. I cannot climb up from the bottom or down from the top, I have no idea what to do. if there was a way to have a string/cord with a hook or something, lol I know that seems crazy. Im so bummed.
My email is [email protected]

Have you any climbing/caving clubs in your area who might be able to abseil down the rockface as a practice session to assist you?

I would help but I am on the other side of the country. Hopefully someone in your area would like to take a look.

... near the cliffs by Scrips Pier San Diego.
In the top bar of this forum there is a "Members" link, with a drop down menu where you can select "Member Map".

Maybe you could try messaging someone nearby to help out.

Have you any climbing/caving clubs in your area who might be able to abseil down the rockface as a practice session to assist you?
Good Idea. Also the SD Lifeguards sometimes practice in the area. Why don't you call them and see what they suggest.
In the top bar of this forum there is a "Members" link, with a drop down menu where you can select "Member Map".

Maybe you could try messaging someone nearby to help out.

insurance requires me to turn in the old drone.
You might want to double-check that. I'm skeptical that any "insurance" would really require you to risk your life to recover damaged property.

Do you know what caused the crash? DJI products are not perfect, they have bugs and issues that cause crashes all the time. Do you have DJI Care coverage? You may be able to have your drone replaced, possible at no cost, possibly for a fee. You should look into that.

My email [email protected] (not his real email, but soon will be)

Unless you want a lifetime of spam, you should edit your post (quickly) to remove your email address. People here can contact you via the personal message system.

Reactions: brendonb6154
I wonder if your insurance company would accept a photograph of the inaccessible crash site as evidence? Easy to do with another drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143