DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Cell Phone Advice - ASAP

CJT

Reactions
I hope I am posting this in the correct area...

I have been flying my Mavic with an old Samsung S4 which my daughter gave me but the battery is failing. This phone works fine with either the DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app.

I also have flown with my Samsung S3 with mixed success. The battery in this phone is near end of life, the DJI Go 4 app really does not work well on this phone, when using DJI GO the screen tends to break up and go black.

So I am going to get a new phone and I would like to know which cell phone works best with the Mavic?

I have no loyalty to iphone or Samsung. I just want to get the phone most compatible with Mavic. Please share your thoughts. I am hoping to get a new phone this weekend.

Thanks,
CT

If you read through a lot of the posts in this forum, it seems like the iOS (apple) systems are more stable. I bought an iPad mini 4 specifically to use with the Mavic, and it has worked flawlessly in 4 hours of flight. If it needs to be a phone, then the iPhone 6 or 7 work well by all reports.

If you read through a lot of the posts in this forum, it seems like the iOS (apple) systems are more stable. I bought an iPad mini 4 specifically to use with the Mavic, and it has worked flawlessly in 4 hours of flight. If it needs to be a phone, then the iPhone 6 or 7 work well by all reports.

Thank you! I was leaning toward the iPhone 7 but if the store does not have them in stock I will consider the 6.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest