DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help Picking 8" Tablet

Reactions
Mavic arriving in about a week. After reading the forums and watching videos, I want to go with an 8" tablet.
Problem is, I know nothing about them! I don't need a phone, as I have my trusty flip-phone, and do not want to "move up". I need to know which tablet to buy that will do everything I will need, without spending more than necessary. When I look at the descriptions, I do not understand the terminology that is used.
Please give me a couple of ideas of what I should buy.
Thank you in advance.

You can find a list of 8" tablets that are compatible with DJI GO here. Some of them will be too thick to fit in the remote controller, so you might need a tablet mount or need to modify the remote controller like this or this to get the tablet to fit.

If you like a clean and simple setup with good support, Apple ipad mini 2 wifi version 16GB (without cell service).
Look online for an 8" right angled lightning to usb cable to connect controler's bottom usb port with ipad. (be sure to remove any other cable frome controller if you use bottom usb)
And use it as a dedicated display (no other apps then for flying).
Mini 2's can be found for a nice price as they are on version 4 now.

Pretty easy choice I think. If you want android, get the Nvidia Shield K1. If you want Apple, get the iPad Mini 2 or newer.

Reactions: halley
If you use a Wi-Fi only mobile device, you will not be able to use the Follow Me feature or be able to reset the home point to your current location after takeoff. If you don't need to use either of those functions, then a Wi-Fi only device will be just fine. The Mavic uses its internal GPS receiver for all other GPS-related functions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones