DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help using multiple MP control functions simultaneously

Golfnut

Reactions
I am filming the construction of a new warehouse using my MP. There is a new large loading dock door. I want to start outside the building at 100' out and up, fly the drone down and into the building through the door, and pan the inside of the warehouse. The safest way to do this is backwards. Pan the warehouse, fly backwards out of the door and then fly out and up. Reverse the footage in post and voila, a pretty cool video shot. No problem flying backwards horizontally and getting the drone to climb. Problem is getting the camera to pan down as the drone climbs. So one finger for backwards, one finger for climb and another finger to try to control the camera smoothly. Well I'm just not that coordinated. I have considered tap fly and tapping the front of the loading dock and doing everything forwards but my experiments in an open field have not been too successful. Any suggestions from you more experienced pilots.
Thanks.

I am filming the construction of a new warehouse using my MP. There is a new large loading dock door. I want to start outside the building at 100' out and up, fly the drone down and into the building through the door, and pan the inside of the warehouse. The safest way to do this is backwards. Pan the warehouse, fly backwards out of the door and then fly out and up. Reverse the footage in post and voila, a pretty cool video shot. No problem flying backwards horizontally and getting the drone to climb. Problem is getting the camera to pan down as the drone climbs. So one finger for backwards, one finger for climb and another finger to try to control the camera smoothly. Well I'm just not that coordinated. I have considered tap fly and tapping the front of the loading dock and doing everything forwards but my experiments in an open field have not been too successful. Any suggestions from you more experienced pilots.
Thanks.
I'm new to this but this sounds like one for way points, look them up on you tube. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Set the gimbal speed to something you can easily control without it being overly fast (mine is set to 11), set the gimbal slow-to-stop speed to like 20, and practice the maneuver. It seems difficult at first, but some practice makes doing all three simultaneously pretty simple.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78