DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help! Which mobile device are you using with DJI Fly?

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Please help me update my tablets/phones list so we can keep track of the mobile devices that work well with DJI Fly.

Here's what I need you to do:

1) Go here and click the heart beside the mobile devices you're using.

1575734682281.png

2) Click the toggles for each of the apps you're using with your mobile device and click the "Save Selections" button.

1575734829845.png

Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Mrveronn
the one and most important issue on your list that is missing is the nit's of each device (Brightness) that is the number one issue that many talk about. Using a Crystalsky as the benchmark (1000 nit's) you can find a few newer phones and a few tablets that can match or even exceed the 1000 nits level. I personally use a Apple Air 10", Lenovo tab 4 10" and I also have both sizes of the Crystalsky monitors.

the one and most important issue on your list that is missing is the nit's of each device
That's a tough number to find for all devices. It's really not accurate comparison-wise unless the same person tests all of the devices.

That's a tough number to find for all devices. It's really not accurate comparison-wise unless the same person tests all of the devices.

That's the point! if you are looking for the best display that works with all the Dji apps you need to have a benchmark as a reference. the new Apple phones (10 & up) are above 1000 nits the same for Samsung phones (9 & up). The only tablets I have heard to date is the nvida tablet. But to have just a list of what people use does not help someone find the best or best bang for their buck.

But to have just a list of what people use does not help someone find the best or best bang for their buck.
I''m confused. Are you looking for the best bang or the brightest display? My list does have other specs that'll help people find a device that fits their needs.

If you can provide a single source that has tested the displays for all of the devices in my list, let me know and I will gladly update that information to make it complete.

ok, lets go back to step one;
1. you created this list
2. you ask people to pick which one they use
3. I stated that having a benchmark would help to show the difference in brightness (that info can be obtain from spec sheets)
4. I stated that by having a benchmark someone can pick which device may suit their needs/budget

I only added to your premise of collecting info to show which devices work with dji apps. Providing complete info, may help if someone has all the details of each device. I didn't learn about "nits" until I had already purchased a tablet. I most likely would not have brought the tablet if I was better informed about nits, but in the long run it is working within my needs as the Crystalsky's are not app friendly. This is what I mean by best bang for the buck, if a tablet that may only have 400 nits, but works with several apps that I use in my work then that may be the best bang for my buck to reach the goals I need. If I only need to have a very bright screen with little latency the crystalsky would be the pick.

Reactions: Cw4bray
That's the point! if you are looking for the best display that works with all the Dji apps you need to have a benchmark as a reference. the new Apple phones (10 & up) are above 1000 nits the same for Samsung phones (9 & up). The only tablets I have heard to date is the nvida tablet. But to have just a list of what people use does not help someone find the best or best bang for their buck.
Where did you get the brightness rating for the S9 as 1000 cd/m2 (nits)? The S10 was tested at 1200, but the S9 should be around 540.

I''m confused. Are you looking for the best bang or the brightest display? My list does have other specs that'll help people find a device that fits their needs.

If you can provide a single source that has tested the displays for all of the devices in my list, let me know and I will gladly update that information to make it complete.
While it's not an exhaustive list, there is a company name DisplayMate that sells display testing software and they publish in-depth tests of mobile screens.

Where did you get the brightness rating for the S9 as 1000 cd/m2 (nits)? The S10 was tested at 1200, but the S9 should be around 540.

Record High Brightness Mode with Automatic Brightness On
On the Galaxy Note9 the Maximum Screen Brightness can go much higher when Automatic Brightness is turned On, so that users can’t permanently park the Manual Brightness slider to very high values, which would run down the battery quickly. High Screen Brightness is only needed for High Ambient Light, so turning Automatic Brightness On will provide better high ambient light screen visibility and also longer battery running time.

When Automatic Brightness is turned On, the Galaxy Note9 has a High Brightness Mode that produces between 710 cd/m2 and 1,050 cd/m2 (nits) in High Ambient Light, which is where high Brightness is really needed, and is considerably Brighter than with Manual Brightness when Automatic Brightness turned Off.

The 710 cd/m2 is for an All White Full Screen 100% Average Picture Level APL image, which is the most challenging image for an OLED display because all the pixels are at full power. This is 27% Brighter than on the Galaxy Note8, and a Contrast Rating for High Ambient Light that is 32% higher than on the Galaxy Note8 because of its lower Screen Reflectance of 4.4 percent. This is a Record Setting Brightness for OLED displays with 100% Average Picture Level APL images.

The Peak Brightness of 1,050 nits is less than the 1,240 nits on the Galaxy Note8, but that is only for very low APL, and there are very few Apps and images that take advantage of the higher Low APL Peak Luminance. See the Brightness and Contrast, the High Ambient Light and the Screen Reflections sections for the measurements and details.

Reactions: anotherlab
LG G7ThinQ was several hundred less than S9 at the time. 1000 nits for 3 minutes then have to swipe menu press ultbright then back key to resume flight. Its a piss factor but the phone beats S9 by far at loud clear sound/music. There is a newer LG 8 I haven't checked it out. If the screen would stay in daylight mode I could recommend it. Im an advanced pilot but can see the likehood of crashes going way up for beginners having to mess with the bright setting every 3 minutes.

OnePlus 7 Pro in a DBrand Grip case just fits (snugly) without modification. DJI Fly works great - no problems at all.

I don't think the DJI Fly app takes advantage of the 90Hz display.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78