DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with night time long exposure images.

altereddezignz

Reactions
I know this has been talked about many times but i have yet to find any incite to getting this to work.
I have been out every night trying to make this work. Sometimes the wind is iffy bc calm on the ground but i get the high wind warning.

( Also during the day it goes into ATT mode and hold its position VERY well. At night it goes to GPS and will wanter around even up in the sky. The ATT up in the sky is so much more stable )

I try to focus on building, Street lights, Cars, Road. I even try to focus manually but cannot seem to see it well enough to get a good focus.

Please dont make fun but here are the images from tonight. Not hiding anything so that someone can possibly help me. ( will only let me upload 10 pics at a time so here are the first 10 lol. )

As you can tell i tried a vast amount of different exposures. Even bumped the iso up to 400 just to see if it helped.

Anyone have any info that might help. Have been trying to get this figured out before fireworks to hopefully get a good picture or 2.

Thanks so much for the help in advance!!!

Camera settings are as followed.
Manual
Manaul white balance
image size 4:3
Format - Jpeg and raw
style - +1,-1,-1
color - d-cinelikeDJI_0226.JPG DJI_0227.JPG DJI_0228.JPG DJI_0229.JPG DJI_0230.JPG DJI_0231.JPG DJI_0232.JPG DJI_0233.JPG DJI_0234.JPG DJI_0235.JPG

You may have to increase shutter speed, even at the expense of higher ISO.

I went back and looked and i tried up to 800. I am finding images all over of guys creating breath taking images at night with no moon on 3-6 seconds and 100 iso? Not sure what i am doing wrong. It is bc i cant seem to figure out how to get the focus to work correctly?

Looks to me you will need to use manual focus first then adjust camera settings for night. I do this all the time for various shoots during evening hours.
Most do not rely on auto focus at night because it simply doesn't work.
The cam needs light to auto focus correctly.
Use manual focus period!, especially during night missions.:cool:

Ill try doing the focusing with the setting cranked up to be able to see brighter.
The new update on djigo has the 70-80-90 percent turned off on peak focus so not it is none, low, normal and high. Now it is harder to even see the red in your screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu