DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Your Opinion And Advice

BillyBlast01

Reactions
Good afternoon everyone. I will cross post this in other groups I'm in. As some of you already know I bought a new phone last week. I changed from Straight Talk prepaid to T-Mobile. I got the new One Plus T7. Unlimited data, talk and text and 3 GB hotspot. I got that so I can go with a Wi-Fi only tablet. The hotspot is incase I'm out flying and I decide to go somewhere that I have not cached a map for that area. I can use the hotspot save the map on the tablet and keep flying without going home. Now the new phone for those that don't know it is an android. So now I need to decide which tablet to get. It will need to be WiFi only but do I go android or IOS? I found a new article on which tablets for 2020. The #1 is the Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T858 10.1 Inch Tablet and it is the number one on the android list even though it is an older model. So let me say this in your opinion which tablet do you think is the best? I can't spend a ton of money for one but I can buy one as soon as the stimulus check goes in my account. I do like the bigger screen. So do I choose an IPad or an Android tablet? This is for recreational fun with my Mavic Pro Platinum. Thanks

I am a regular android user and seriously, I'd wrather use a flipphone than an iphone lol. However, the experience on say, an iPad mini vs. Android tabs ( in my experience) have been amazing. I believe that the DJI app and apple products are a slightly more preferable choice of devices IMO. ?

Reactions: BillyBlast01
Android or Apple is up to you, depends what OS you are familiar with.

I am an Android man using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, I did try an iPad Air2 but hated the thing.
To me the S5e wins on screen format, brightens & the way it handles off line maps.
Only my opinion and I am sure others will disagree but it’s what works for me.

I am a regular android user and seriously, I'd wrather use a flipphone than an iphone lol. However, the experience on say, an iPad mini vs. Android tabs ( in my experience) have been amazing. I believe that the DJI app and apple products are a slightly more preferable choice of devices IMO. ?
Chewbacca I have been a Samsung Galaxy man for many years. I am the most familiar with android. I do have an older ipad that I use for WiFi only and play music on it. I checked it already and it's to old to install any of the dji apps.

Reactions: Chewbacca

I am an Android man using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, I did try an iPad Air2 but hated the thing.
To me the S5e wins on screen format, brightens & the way it handles off line maps.
Thanks for the input. I have used Samsung Galaxy phones for years. I do have an old Ipad but it's to old for the dji apps I checked.

Hey The Cyborg how big is the memory? I found several online that's priced right. I'm checking prices on several tablets so I will know what I need to put back when I get my stimulus check.

Well Chewbacca if ya want to compare I had rather have an old bag phone than an Android even if the newest one was gave to me. Never owned one but have tryed to use friends before and couldn’t . But let’s not cut what others use as that
never turns out well. You use what your accustomed to.
From being on these forums as long as I have I can say
DJI apps prefer IOS devices over anything else but can’t
say for other apps as all I have ever used was their apps.
Ive never had any issue with Apple and know others have never had issues with Android. It’s just what you can maneuver around in better.
Billy I would go with what your accustomed to.
As far as screen size I went from a phone with the FC 40
to a mini to this 9.1 and after you use a bigger screen if
your eyes are like mine you will never go back.
i use an 64gb iPad with WiFi but I use it all the time not
to just fly with. Am on it now as I’m to lazy to get up and get on iMac .
And guys let’s be positive but don’t spend that stimulus check just yet cause this stuff isn’t gone and you can’t
be 100% sure you won’t get it and can’t .
Ok me done.?
Stay safe guys. ?

Well Chewbacca if ya want to compare I had rather have an old bag phone than an Android even if the newest one was gave to me. Never owned one but have tryed to use friends before and couldn’t . But let’s not cut what others use as that
never turns out well. You use what your accustomed to.
From being on these forums as long as I have I can say
DJI apps prefer IOS devices over anything else but can’t
say for other apps as all I have ever used was their apps.
Ive never had any issue with Apple and know others have never had issues with Android. It’s just what you can maneuver around in better.
Billy I would go with what your accustomed to.
As far as screen size I went from a phone with the FC 40
to a mini to this 9.1 and after you use a bigger screen if
your eyes are like mine you will never go back.
i use an 64gb iPad with WiFi but I use it all the time not
to just fly with. Am on it now as I’m to lazy to get up and get on iMac .
And guys let’s be positive but don’t spend that stimulus check just yet cause this stuff isn’t gone and you can’t
be 100% sure you won’t get it and can’t .
Ok me done.?
Stay safe guys. ?
Hey dirkclod thanks for the input. Being the OP I should have said lets be nice, thanks for bringing that up. Even though I came from the RC Heli world this is a totally different RC. That part about the eyes I can relate to lol. I value everyone's pointers, tips opinions or advice. After all my first drone was actually a toy. It was small enough it did not have to be registered. It wouldn't fly like my new MPP. I am actually used to both platforms. I have used android phones for many years and I have had my Original iPad1 for a long time. Its to old to use. That's why I need everyone's opinions. From all my research I do agree that DJI is built more towards IOS. I do prefer a big screen for my aging eyes and being diabetic a bigger screen and a sun shield would be beneficial.

From all my research I do agree that DJI is built more towards IOS.
You certainly will find a lot of people saying that on forums, but it's one of the great forum myths.
The app runs just as well on either operating system as long as the tablet has a fast enough processor and enough RAM.
Go with whichever suits you.

Well I’ve always been Apple as far as phones Billy so thier pad was just what I got. I was windows till several years ago
and was gifted a 36”5K iMac and am still in the learning curve trying to learn it. Am type 2 so get what your saying.
Meta can say what he wants but if you will read and it would
take forever it is not a myth. DJI drones prefer IOS.

Well I’ve always been Apple as far as phones Billy so thier pad was just what I got. I was windows till several years ago
and was gifted a 36”5K iMac and am still in the learning curve trying to learn it. Am type 2 so get what your saying.
Meta can say what he wants but if you will read and it would
take forever it is not a myth. DJI drones prefer IOS.
As far as IPads go I like mine. It is an original iPad 1st gen and to old to use with this. My new laptop I'm on is Windows 10 talk about an eye opener lol. My old laptop (11 years old lol) is wore out so I decided to get this new laptop and the drone and all I like now is a tablet for the drone and I'm set. As for my info not all comes from forums or FB groups. I do an in-depth search online. I read peoples pages that are trying different tablets and giving their report on their findings. Oh yes not to forget I watch a lot of YouTube videos. I watch and read any and all reviews that I can.

Billy I would go with what I’m used to. It’s enough learning
the app if you’re not already used to it to also having to get
used to another OS.
Good luck with whatever you get and stay well.
And I mean that to all .??

Dirkclod.. You destroyed me with the bag phone thing ! LMFAO!! Now, that was too funny. ???? Flawless victory.. FATALITY..
lol that was kinda in jest. If you had been through as many
mine is better than your‘s threads as I have seen over the years you would see the humor I saw. In reality what you
are comfortable using is what you should use. If you trust
it use it.
And I did have a bag phone when they came out. Thought
i was a big shot.?
You and yours the same. Am watching stuff on this virus now and it’s just some bad crap. God help us all.

I watch the news every day. I did watch it tonight before I went to bed. I couldn't sleep so I thought I would see if I had anymore messages. This virus is a very nasty thing. I only go to town when I absolutely have to. Otherwise I am here at the house. I hope and pray that everyone stays safe. Thanks for your response everyone.

One thing to bear in mind in the iOS v's Android debate - is when DJI made the Smart Controller - they chose the Android OS to base it on ... If Android was not going to cut it - DJI would not have used it ...

I an a Androus user all the way but use an ipad to fly with. I find it very easy to use and the imovie edits well.

One thing to bear in mind in the iOS v's Android debate - is when DJI made the Smart Controller - they chose the Android OS to base it on ... If Android was not going to cut it - DJI would not have used it ...
FoxhallGH that is on my mind. There are pros and cons in both OS. I'm just looking for opinions from others on both systems to help me in my decision. I'm just trying to be smart with my decision. Being on disability I have to make the right decision on my purchase because I can't make multiple tablet purchases.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu