DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Negative AGL and Smart Features

Manfrenjensen

Reactions
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I don't see anything about it. This has bitten me twice so far.

First, I was on a hilltop and I sent the Mavic out away from me a ways and down toward the bottom of the hill (but it was still, I would say, at least 30 feet up). I wanted to try out the terrain-follow to fly it up the hill towards me, but when I tried to enter the mode, it told me no because I needed to be at least 30 above ground (or something like that).
Then I realized that the Mavic controller was telling me that it was something like -100ft (presumably based on my take-off location).

Second, was a very similar circumstance, but this time, I was trying waypoints. I wanted the mavic to start low and then work it's way up over the ridge of the cliff I was standing on. But... no dice. Wouldn't let me do waypoints since it thought it was too low.

I guess one possible solution, which I haven't tried, would be to hover down there somewhere low and remotely set a new home location. But that seems sketchy for a few different reasons.

I'm probably overlooking something obvious. Anybody know a good way?

Thanks

Thanks I might have to break down and give Litchi a try. I've been trying to hold off because I'm new to this and wanted to learn the DJI app first. Plus, as I understand it, warranty could be tougher if the Mavic gets into trouble while using a 3rd party app.
Right now I'm still paranoid about crashing or losing it, so I haven't been taking any chances.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54