DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Negative Altitude MA2

Before shipping the drone off to be looked at, I thought I would refresh my firmware as I believe that when I updated is when my issues started. For some reason im not able to connect to firmware update with DJI asst 2. It will give me this message "network error please retry" This only happens with my PC at home. I have tried multi-able computers at my house, removed firewalls change the DNS still nothing. This is the only feature Im not able to use with DJI asst 2 for mavic air 2..this was also the same for the fly app on my phone when hooked to wifi. If I change it to cellular data, the app will connect but its very slow and spotty service at home as Im in a very rural area. My internet at home is very fast and has not given me any issues with anything but this.. I had to do the firmware update with my cellular data which took almost an hour to complete..I think that maybe the lagging internet service may have caused some issues with the firmware.. So I take my lap to work today, connect with out any issues and refresh my firmware to .250 on both the drone and RC..I go for a flight and can tell a difference immediately, hovering is smooth and altitude is with in +/- 6 inches..ITS PERFECT!!!.. I flew 3 batteries with out issue...Charge my batteries at work and head home. Sunset comes and I go to fly and my camera is lagging horriable from the drone to display. I go to the front page on the fly app and it says I need to update the firmware, keep in mind I just had flown 3 batteries down to 20% with out issue..So in the interest of testing, I updated the firmware with my cellular service, only took about 15 mins this time. Go to fly and Im right back where I started, will not hover smoothly the drone is drifting and altitude is back to being off 15 feet off when landing after 10 or 15 mins flying... What a mess this is, I do however believe the issue it totally software related and not hardware related...

I would sugget just send it back and the will more then likely replace it

don’t know if this will help but I get -altitude when taking off of my deck at my house. It’s about 20 feet above ground level so when I fly below 20 feet it gives me negative altitude

don’t know if this will help but I get -altitude when taking off of my deck at my house. It’s about 20 feet above ground level so when I fly below 20 feet it gives me negative altitude
That's perfectly normal.
Everyone gets negative altitude if they fly below the level of their launch point.

btw ... you see negative altitude when you fly below 0 feet, not 20 ft.

That's perfectly normal.
Everyone gets negative altitude if they fly below the level of their launch point.

btw ... you see negative altitude when you fly below 0 feet, not 20 ft.

Wrong...I get - altitude when I fly below 20 feet just like I said before. If you don’t have anything to add, just don’t comment. Just like if I’m standing on a mountain and I launch and I fly down into a valley I will get negative altitude

Wrong...I get - altitude when I fly below 20 feet just like I said before. If you don’t have anything to add, just don’t comment. Just like if I’m standing on a mountain and I launch and I fly down into a valley I will get negative altitude

So if you fly below 20 ft the altitude discontinuously goes from +20 ft to negative?

I get it alot also as I launch off my balcony which is about 12 mtr ASL. At t/o I have zero Alt then I go down to about 1 ASL to remind my self wet is minus 11mtr Atl. I wish there was a way to dial in QNH to adjust the altitude so I could reset it to sea level as most of my flying is over water. If i wasnt so lazy I could walk donw stairs and t/o from there....Ah but then the missus wouldnt be able to bring me a cuppa

but your take off alt would have been zero. I think you are both saying the same thing just crossed wired.

Regardless of where you launch from, if you fly below 20 feet, you'll see 19 ft, 18 ft, 17 ft, etc all the way to zero.
After you go past zero, then you'll see negative altitude.

Reactions: PDX-DroneGuy71
i really believe that there is alot of issues with the components of the MA2...
People are just accepting the faults and assuming that is just how the MA2 is.
I agree, I looked into alot of different forums for my issues and seen a lot of different issues people were having. I wont know for sure til I get it back, but Im not sure my issue effected the way it would fly. Lots of people told me it was not an issue it was common.

Do you happen to know what the "aircraft core board module" is?

I revived a new drone today, it has the exact same issue as the one I sent off to be repaired or looked at.. I went up 120 feet, when I came down it was reading negative 3 ft at 5 feet off the ground.. I then landed, took off and flew about 5 mins in N mode, it was negative 18 feet when I landed where I took off from..They sent me what appears to be a new New Drone with different SN#..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC