DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neighbor Flying Drone Over My house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine - but if someone else's drone is ever over my property, and it's close enough for me to hit it with a broom - it's going down. No other options exist - at that point. Self defense and common sense - that's too close.
Unless the drone was coming at you and there was a reasonable expectation that it was going to do you physical harm that you could not avoid, they sure, self-defense MIGHT be a viable excuse. But in reality, a drone hovering over your property is not a physical threat. Even if it's following you. Self-defense is defined as the right to prevent suffering force or violence through the use of a sufficient level of counteracting force or violence. In other words, if you have no option to avoid physical harm you can use reasonable force to protect yourself. Hard to prove that you are in physical danger from a drone that you can easily dodge or take cover from, unfortunately. There are always other options that negate using force. Additionally, taking out the drone seems like a futile act. This person seems unhinged and would probably just get another one or even find a more threatening method of harassment. The logical action here is to contact the police, file a complaint with the HOA, and even possibly SUE the person. Killing the drone may be satisfying but it's not the answer to the problem and will most likely escalate the ongoing problem with this person.

Unless the drone was coming at you and there was a reasonable expectation that it was going to do you physical harm that you could not avoid, they sure, self-defense MIGHT be a viable excuse. But in reality, a drone hovering over your property is not a physical threat. Even if it's following you. Self-defense is defined as the right to prevent suffering force or violence through the use of a sufficient level of counteracting force or violence. In other words, if you have no option to avoid physical harm you can use reasonable force to protect yourself. Hard to prove that you are in physical danger from a drone that you can easily dodge or take cover from, unfortunately. There are always other options that negate using force. Additionally, taking out the drone seems like a futile act. This person seems unhinged and would probably just get another one or even find a more threatening method of harassment. The logical action here is to contact the police, file a complaint with the HOA, and even possibly SUE the person. Killing the drone may be satisfying but it's not the answer to the problem and will most likely escalate the ongoing problem with this person.
Nawww - not gonna duck - why should I have to duck in my own yard? If it's that close, in my own yard - it's going down. It's a clear and present danger - besides - even the FAA says don't fly over people. Anyway - this is never gonna happen to me. So - why am I posting? Dunno. Just sticking my 2cents in. Enjoy the hobby everybody.

Reactions: okw and sar104
Hire a stripper to nude sun bathe in your backyard and press charges on him as a Peeping Tom...

Just kidding, as a drone pilot myself I hate when people use them in this way. Makes life hard on the rest of us...

I have a neighbor that was harassing us in similar fashion (aside from the drone). My wife nicely told her to learn to talk to us and quit making big issues out of nothing. That all she was doing was just stressing herself out and living a sad lonely life. Isn't it better to just say hello to your neighbor and smile? Kill him with kindness, sometimes it works., even with jerks like this...

Okay folks this thread is starting run off of the rails. It has started to devolve into the typical BS boasting these threads always turn into.

C L O S E D !!!

Reactions: Thomas B
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78