DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neighbor flying drone over my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Falls Township, Bucks County, Pa and I am having an issue with a guy flying his drone over my house. He lives approx 1000ft from my house. Always at night. My wife confronted him and asked his to stop because it’s kinda creepy. He got in her face and screamed at her. This is the 2nd time she has caught him. I’m never home when this happens. Police said there is nothing they can do. What are my options?? Please help

Unfortunately, there are drone operators that make the rest of us look really bad to the public and the results usually end up hurting the entire community.

I believe the best things you can do right now are to:

Document each date and time the neighbor is flying near enough your house that you feel your privacy is being invaded.

Don’t provoke or otherwise do things that provide entertainment to the neighbor like going outside to look when he is flying, opening drapes, going to him, etc.

Keep the list going for a couple of weeks then take it over to the police department with a copy of that state anti-surveillance law mentioned in the earlier post to file a invation of privacy complaint. You might even consider taking it to a City Council meeting as well If the police decide they can’t do anything with it.

I would also check the local sexual offenders list (Like California’s Megan’s law site, does your state have one?) to see if he’s registered just in case.

Good luck, and honestly, we are sorry this is happening to you guys!

Last edited:
The FAA would be my suggestion as to who the op may want to get some correct information from. At least they would be able to determine if any rules have been violated. Maybe he(the offender)is a 107 pilot without a waiver for night flying?
Doesn’t hurt to ask, and you could get lucky.

As far as night flights go, this is how I understand it for hobbyists.
If you are in an area controlled by LAANCE then no night flights are allowed.
If you are in uncontrolled airspace then you can fly at night and I’d suggest you get a strobe just to be safe as you won’t have much light for the camera.

Reactions: Hawkwind
The FAA would be my suggestion as to who the op may want to get some correct information from. At least they would be able to determine if any rules have been violated. Maybe he(the offender)is a 107 pilot without a waiver for night flying?
Doesn’t hurt to ask, and you could get lucky.
Either you are working a job selling pictures or you’re not. As a 107 holder, you can still fly under recreational rules, so this information is not correct.

Reactions: Thomas B
If he’s not doing anything nefarious I’d leave it alone. Although if he’s being a real ******* by screaming in your wife’s face and practically peeping I’d take it out of the sky.

If he’s not doing anything nefarious I’d leave it alone. Although if he’s being a real ******* by screaming in your wife’s face and practically peeping I’d take it out of the sky.

I agree with leaving it alone, but let’s give only good advice, things that would be legal and wouldn’t cause further problems...

Reactions: deleted member 877
I agree with leaving it alone, but let’s give only good advice, things that would be legal and wouldn’t cause further problems...
Yea leaving it alone best option. Don’t take that as advice haha. All I’m saying is if someone was peeking into my windows which is how I took the original post they’d lose their drone. Maybe I misread the extent of the “peeping”.

From what has been revealed here it seems trying to have a civil conversation with this donkey will be a waste of breath.

Get your video/photo evidence of the operation as has been suggested, including evidence of the drone landing to show where it is being operated from.

Go and chat to your local law enforcement. They should help you. The FAA will advise them how to process if needed.

91C3F20C-2917-41B1-AAF5-C0AE4B1D6A36.jpeg

*from FAA website

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes. Tell the police to call LEAP for sure. LEAP is for law enforcement only. Hence the name law enforcement assistance program.
I called them once and they immediately asked who I was “with”.....

I called the so cal office, the 310 number, and spoke to Mike. He didn’t really want to help me out but the I said I just need to ask you a dumb question and he went for it. Real nice guy. Spent maybe 15 minutes b s Ing with him.

this department takes all the law enforcement complaints and investigates them. I guess they are the long arm of the law

Either you are working a job selling pictures or you’re not. As a 107 holder, you can still fly under recreational rules, so this information is not correct.
Educate me please. What part is incorrect?

Educate me please. What part is incorrect?

You said “ Maybe he(the offender)is a 107 pilot without a waiver for night flying?”

Ok, if the guy was flying commercially then maybe, otherwise what would having a 107 have to do with it? He could be a 107 Holder flying recreationally and it wouldn’t matter then.

I have twos daughters and a wife.
I would have photo/video evidence of the spying, just in case someone was investigating a lost drone.
Let me tell you about my lawnmower! 23 horses, three blades with real cool shark tooth shaped mulchers on the trailing edges...

Reactions: NoneTheWiser
I would have photo/video evidence of the spying, just in case someone was investigating a lost drone.
Let me tell you about my lawnmower! 23 horses, three blades with real cool shark tooth shaped mulchers on the trailing edges...
Itty bitty pieces!

Maybe you need a bigger garage? ;)

I dont think the wife and kids would like the garage

Reactions: AMann
I live in Falls Township, Bucks County, Pa and I am having an issue with a guy flying his drone over my house. He lives approx 1000ft from my house. Always at night. My wife confronted him and asked his to stop because it’s kinda creepy. He got in her face and screamed at her. This is the 2nd time she has caught him. I’m never home when this happens. Police said there is nothing they can do. What are my options?? Please help

PA does have a anti-voyeurism law that you could maybe use to get the police to talk to the guy: it is under the following:

§ 7507.1. Invasion of privacy.

(a) Offense defined.--
Except as set forth in subsection (d), a person commits the offense of invasion of privacy if he, for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person, knowingly does any of the following:

(1) Views, photographs, videotapes, electronically depicts, films or otherwise records another person without that person's knowledge and consent while that person is in a state of full or partial nudity and is in a place where that person would have a reasonable expectation of privacy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload