DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neighbor flying drone over my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a general rule, property and privacy rights expire 100-feet above the tallest building on your property. However, there are many exceptions, which you will have to research for your locality. If a person is flying his/her UAV below 100-feet, and low enough to look in your windows, they are violating your property and privacy rights. If you've asked them "nice" once, I suggest a 12-gauage, Nr 8 shot. Problem solved.

I totally agree and if anything I’ve posted in this thread has been taken to the contrary then my comments need to be re-read more closely. I consider myself an ambassador/advocate to r/c aviation in all its forms. I personally don’t enjoy flying anywhere that I’ll encounter another human being when I’m flying multi-rotors, fixed wing aircraft are a different story. It’s unfortunate that multi-rotor aircraft are developing the type of reputation that they are. It’s even to the point that my AMA flying field friends that primarily fly fixed wing aircraft are turning their noses up at “drones” and these people fly r/c! I think that’s saying something and it isn’t good. Fly safe, responsibly, and legally!

You're all good mate, realised from the start we are thinking the same on all this.

Shame about your RC friends thinking like that.
I have a few friends that sort of hint about drones being anti social, even though they've never been with me when I've flown.

One in particular just back from 4 month African overland trip said "one person in the group we were with had a drone" sort of in a strange way.
I had a feeling the was some angst in the way it was said.
I didn't ask him "and ?" but might do next time I talk to him.

What about a strong garden hose aimed to the sky if he is flying that low? Or, maybe some thin but strong fishing line set up in a grid pattern around the windows of your house, that way they can't be seen in low light, probably any light really, and then maybe you will get a drone drop into your yard.
I was also thinking a hose pipe or sprinkler system. The best time to water the garden is at night after all.

When the drone "lands" it would probably be a good idea to review what is on the card.

If there’s any moderator that can hear me please this is like kicking a dead dog at this point!475E2E6F-169F-4C50-9C4B-20B8D177DCAC.jpeg

Reactions: JS1600
As a general rule, property and privacy rights expire 100-feet above the tallest building on your property. However, there are many exceptions, which you will have to research for your locality. If a person is flying his/her UAV below 100-feet, and low enough to look in your windows, they are violating your property and privacy rights. If you've asked them "nice" once, I suggest a 12-gauage, Nr 8 shot. Problem solved.
Shooting down a drone is a federal crime, potentially with the same legal penalties as shooting down an airplane... sans passenger personal litigation of course.
Don’t follow this recommendation.

I think I will because all the thread has become is a bunch of members that don’t even have a remote clue as to what they’re talking about. Then you have the other group that are advocating illegal activity. So see yuh wouldn’t wanna be yuh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo