DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neighbor went crazy on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that too. Then I read the law how I stated above. I search for my towns laws on it and nothing comes of it. Every website I goto and I used the government websites first says something slightly different. I guess I need to find where to look for clarity because that 88 foot ruling was weird

I saw that too. Then I read the law how I stated above. I search for my towns laws on it and nothing comes of it. Every website I goto and I used the government websites first says something slightly different. I guess I need to find where to look for clarity because that 88 foot ruling was weird
But that was a case of spying, IIRC.

i just bought a magic pro platinum today to and a mini to go along woth my mavic 2 pro and air I bought almost a month ago.

I was really getting into the hobby and with quarentinenot able to go anywhere to fly I guess. Now I have to look at this hobby again because I spent all this money and everytime I take off especially as I want to goto the beach and fly out over the water I'm paranoid I'm in the wrong.

I could careless about her and frankly I remember her now when she was walking by about 4 months ago when I juat got my new c7 corvette woth the performance exhaust I said hello exiting the car after driving 10mph in a 25 to mydriveway and she said wow that's really to loud of a car for here.

I care about if she did call the police I don't want to have to keep dealing woth cops. I don't want to have to deal with cops at the beach or anywhere. Juat ruins it I guess

My area is very rural. I'm on 28 acres, my crazy neighbors are on 4 acres and most of the land around them and us is owned by cousins of mine. ;)

My area is very rural. I'm on 28 acres, my crazy neighbors are on 4 acres and most of the land around them and us is owned by cousins of mine. ;)
I had that. I had 12 acres and 1 neighbor who could careless what I did. Revving cars up at night like my REAL not replica 67 AC cobra after I rebuilt the engine and finished at night and couldn't wait to crank it up woth the new fuel injection kit as well. Not a care from them.

developer came in bought everything around us made us both an offer we couldn't refuse really. If we didn't we would be like in the middle of the neighborhood they want to build but with a weird access road. To much to deal With. That and the internet of 10mbps was getting old. So I sold out.

the old lady wanted in a community once again. It's a CCR not an HOA so worse in my opinion. I should have knew it was bad when I got approval for the solar panels on the front. Only 5 panels. Then I'm up on the roof putting them in and theArchitecture board member pulls up and says that may be a problem and then I need to submit a document saying it would cost too much to move those panels from the front to somewhere else

I would appear that it only applies if you are conducting surveillance, but I am not a lawyer. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses though. ;):D
That's why I'm so confused because that could be taken a few different ways I think. At least in my opinion

I think the key is: "with the intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property captured in the image in violation of such person’s reasonable expectation of privacy without his or her written consent." I think that the next part about being able to see them at ground level makes fences a sticky spot, so I wouldn't linger.

It would seem that your normal imagery from the camera, while flying, would fall under this exception: (i)" To capture images necessary for the safe operation or navigation of a drone that is being used for a purpose allowed under federal or Florida law. "

It would seem that your normal imagery from the camera, while flying, would fall under this exception: (i)" To capture images necessary for the safe operation or navigation of a drone that is being used for a purpose allowed under federal or Florida law. "
Is that somewhere in the laws? I didn't see that at all

Reactions: Jonathonmp
but to sit there and tell me it scared my son it was so low

You were near the legal altitude of 400', this is either :

Over the top hysteria on the neighbours part, heck the kid must need a life too, developing into a real snowflake that one if a drone scares him
(Most young boys would want to get real close to such a great 'toy'.)
Or, it could possibly have been another person operating over her property, and much lower.

So, the question begs . . . were you over her home at / just before the time she roughly took to drive over to your place ?

I agree don't show here photos from the drone in general regarding this, but if you had to show the HOA some to let them see just how little you can see from above, then do it in a general way, and NOT HER HOUSE !!

It's probably better to show them some sunset / landscape type photography if you ever need to dispel any privacy fears.

You were near the legal altitude of 400', this is either :

Over the top hysteria on the neighbors part, heck the kid must need a life too, developing into a real snowflake that one if a drone scares him
(Most young boys would want to get real close to such a great 'toy'.)
Or, it could possibly have been another person operating over her property, and much lower.

So, the question begs . . . were you over her home at / just before the time she roughly took to drive over to your place ?

I agree don't show here photos from the drone in general regarding this, but if you had to show the HOA some to let them see just how little you can see from above, then do it in a general way, and NOT HER HOUSE !!

It's probably better to show them some sunset / landscape type photography if you ever need to dispel any privacy fears.
I was in the area but not over her home ay what was it I said 397 or 396 height. So no doubt it was me more or less but the way she described it and how she said it scared her son so badly he was so upset and crying leads me to 2 possible things. One the kid is a snowflake and also she doesn't was people to see her home. She has an 8 foot privacy fence around.
She thinks by saying the police will be on patrol is going to make me shake in my boots. Well not even close as long as I am correct in my understanding of the law. Im not worried about cops it would be the potential charges like peeping tom charges because she kept saying we didn't know who it was if they were a people tom looking at my son and us or what.

She also kept saying well i know who it is now so I know its not a pervert. I said to her I didn't say I was over by your house at that time. Thats defamation of character implying and then threatening me with the patrol of police when you have no evidence it was me. I was not over top of your house at that time.

Like i said I was about 25 to 33 yards away from her backyard property line even so technically wasn't over her house.

She sounds like a Peado to me - first thing that she thought of was - Its a pervert. She was way to quick to think that. The old saying goes - Takes one to know one. Keep your kids well away from her! :(
it was shocking to be honest. at first I thought the old lady ordered uber eats because she pulled right up and fast walked around the front of her car and guess what? standed in one spot in my yard. I should have said Im calling the cops for trespassing but I bit my lip said I was directly over your home ast that time nd frankly I dont need to say if I was or not. The FAA dictates my legality not you.

Her first sentence was " Are you flying a drone because I live in the "BIG" house with the red roof up the street.

I bit my lip also before I said well you see that silver all time most iconic car ever built on the lift in my garage. That's worth about 2 times your big home. I dont go around saying crap like that to people. You really want think your crap does not stink. Well just know at night when you goto bed that my one classic car is worth 2 times at the very least of your home with a red roof or not.

Well I can confirm from one of my nest outdoor cams that sees my mailbox and edge of the driveway that the police did roll through here twice tonight. Not slowing down really by my house just drove through. One at 8:13pm and another just now.

She must had really driven the point of creeper and pervert home. This is ridiculous now. Taken to a new level. Police driving around is now going to far. They really are patrolling

I just don’t believe you should fly around your neighbourhood from your home if it’s a built up area. Someone putting a drone over my house would p me off ... we as a hobby need to be ultra considerate I think ... do unto others as they say

Jonathan, you'll have to check your local ordinances but the airspace is controlled by the FAA and as far as they are concerned, shooting at a drone is the same as shooting at a manned aircraft, legally.
That's correct, per 18 USC 32. Destruction of aircraft and assault of crew are punishable by a fine (why they left out the amount confounds me) and up to 20 years in prison. A threat is punishable by a fine and up to five years in prison.

and I'm sorry as long as I'm not breaking any laws no neighbor is going to infringe on my rights. If they don't like it tough.:p
I feel the same way you do. I have been flying in my neighborhood for years have never had one complaint. But I got a Telya if I did I would simply tell them if you don’t like it move.

Reactions: desertvet38
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229