DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Never saw them coming!

Yeah, be careful of these. So hard to see.

Impossible to see at night. Nothing a good site survey cant take care of before hand. But yeah, they are scary.

Reactions: rp6 and Squidinc
Yeah, be careful of these. So hard to see.

Impossible to see at night. Nothing a good site survey cant take care of before hand. But yeah, they are scary.
AI will fix this. There's no reason every wire struck at least 2 feet off the ground cannot be seen and located and documents by someone at some point in life and included in a database that an AI product can recognize. If your drone can see the poles, should know where the wires are, too.

Reactions: Squidinc
AI will fix this. There's no reason every wire struck at least 2 feet off the ground cannot be seen and located and documents by someone at some point in life and included in a database that an AI product can recognize. If your drone can see the poles, should know where the wires are, too.
Someday, I hope

I've shot a couple videos and when I reviewed them there were wires I didn't see, but missed. Barely!

Reactions: Squidinc
I hit cables like that at full speed on the speed setting of my Mavic 3. It spun my drone around the cable and threw it off into the air where it stabilized just fine. I brought it back and there wasn't a mark on it. It hit just above the gimble. I was shocked. No harm no foul. I've been looking for another cable to fly into 'cause it was so much fun....

Been there, done that.

@mavic3usa Sooner the better 👍🏻

I hit cables like that at full speed on the speed setting of my Mavic 3. It spun my drone around the cable and threw it off into the air where it stabilized just fine. I brought it back and there wasn't a mark on it. It hit just above the gimble. I was shocked. No harm no foul. I've been looking for another cable to fly into 'cause it was so much fun....
I've hit cables too. My situation was one where I had an attachment on the top of the drone. I was flying forward and suddenly the drone stopped while I had the throttle half way forward. I realized I was stuck on a cable and slowly backed up until I got loose. I was lucky my props didn't hit the cables . I forgot what the attachment on top of the drone was, might of been a payload drop product, don't remember.

I have hit one too, but no damage to the drone - luckily. On a related topic, I often have wires in my photos of buildings. I look forward to the software that will remove them. I can, tediously, remove them from photos now with photoshop, but that process invariably results in something behind the wires being adjusted inappropriately so it is obvious. Someday...

If you have an up-to-date version of Photoshop, it should be able to remove them entirely seamlessly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom