DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New advice on slow speed user-adjust on RC-Pro

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
Direct from DJI Support. I have heard rumours for a long time about being able to use adjustments crews to fix the slow speed issue (getting the M3 to fly as slow as the M2P)
on the M3, but personally I had never been able to track down how you actually go about it, until now.

I am still considering whether I will try this or not as it must have some inherent risk and DJI have indicated they are also working on a firmware solution for this anyway.

However I will put this out there for those who wish to try it, word for word from DJI:

"Like the DJI FPV remote controller, the control stick hand feel of the DJI RC Pro remote controller is adjustable. Details are as follow. However, you also know that our final plan to optimize the speed in Cine mode will still focus on providing speed adjustment options, that is, starting from the engine level. So in fact, the meaning of a single adjustment of the "accelerator pedal" may not be that big.

The screw size is H1.5 socket head cap screw
1660526740327.png
Right control stick:

F1 Right Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to increase the operation resistance in the upper and lower direction of the control stick at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

F2 Right Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to prevent the control stick from recentering in the upper and lower direction at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

Left control stick:

F1 Left Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to increase the operation resistance in the upper and lower direction of the control stick at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

F2 Left Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to prevent the control stick from recentering in the upper and lower direction at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

Note: F2 Right Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical) and F1 Left Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical) are in the customizable C1/C2 buttons. To adjust them, open the portion with printed letters on the C1/C2 button, and the screw holes can be seen inside."

Last edited:
Since this would also adversely affect all other flying modes, unless you only want to optimize the drone for Cine mode, I would just wait until the promised FW update that uniquely fixes Cine mode. Sounds like it could be imminent.

Since this would also adversely affect all other flying modes, unless you only want to optimize the drone for Cine mode, I would just wait until the promised FW update that uniquely fixes Cine mode. Sounds like it could be imminent.
Agreed, but not sure that update is around the corner unless you've heard something I haven't.

Agreed, but not sure that update is around the corner unless you've heard something I haven't.
No. Just my reading of the tea leaves. You are the one with the "inside man." What does he make of the hoofbeats he hears from inside the engineering team?

"However, you also know that our final plan to optimize the speed in Cine mode will still focus on providing speed adjustment options, that is, starting from the engine level."

Reactions: christangey
No. Just my reading of the tea leaves. You are the one with the "inside man." What does he make of the hoofbeats he hears from inside the engineering team?

"However, you also know that our final plan to optimize the speed in Cine mode will still focus on providing speed adjustment options, that is, starting from the engine level."
His quote: "compared with the EXP adjustment function, the realization of the speed adjustment function does require a longer period, but our concerned team will do our best to speed up the progress"

His quote: "compared with the EXP adjustment function, the realization of the speed adjustment function does require a longer period, but our concerned team will do our best to speed up the progress"
Translation: We'll get to it when we get to it. If you need it now, you'll have to customize a specific drone for Cine only shooting.

Hopefull, it doesn't get reassigned to their "unconcerned team!" 🤣

I've just started using my RC Pro with my Air 2S, and I immediately got a recalibration message that needed to be remedied before I can take off. The issue is that I can't move the right stick to 100% of the right (it only goes as far as 93%). Also, when using the Virtual Flight App, the cursor in the menu (controlled by that same right stick) drifts to the right immediately, and when controlling the drone in the simulator, it immediately acts like I'm applying some rightward pressure to the right stick.

I've gotten in touch with DJI Support, who want me to send the controller to the Netherlands from here in the UK to be repaired (and I'm assuming that will take a long while to get back), but if it's a simple case of adjusting a screw to recentre it again, then I'll just do it myself 🙂

Looking at the photo, it only labels the screws as adjusting the stick in the "vertical", which I presume means up and down? Is that a typo, or am I misunderstanding the meaning of those labels? I'd have thought perhaps one of the screws on each side of the controller could allow adjustment in the "horizontal" direction (left and right) as that's what I need to fix my controller 🙂

I've just started using my RC Pro with my Air 2S, and I immediately got a recalibration message that needed to be remedied before I can take off. The issue is that I can't move the right stick to 100% of the right (it only goes as far as 93%). Also, when using the Virtual Flight App, the cursor in the menu (controlled by that same right stick) drifts to the right immediately, and when controlling the drone in the simulator, it immediately acts like I'm applying some rightward pressure to the right stick.

I've gotten in touch with DJI Support, who want me to send the controller to the Netherlands from here in the UK to be repaired (and I'm assuming that will take a long while to get back), but if it's a simple case of adjusting a screw to recentre it again, then I'll just do it myself 🙂

Looking at the photo, it only labels the screws as adjusting the stick in the "vertical", which I presume means up and down? Is that a typo, or am I misunderstanding the meaning of those labels? I'd have thought perhaps one of the screws on each side of the controller could allow adjustment in the "horizontal" direction (left and right) as that's what I need to fix my controller 🙂
As far as I know the screws in the open holes adjust both sticks horizontal, right to left tension, not vertical. I stand to be corrected.

As far as I know the screws in the open holes adjust both sticks horizontal, right to left tension, not vertical. I stand to be corrected.
Thanks, Filmarik 🙂

But isn't there another set of screws behind the C1 and C2 buttons? Although I would be VERY reluctant to try to move them out of the way... 😬

Thanks, Filmarik 🙂

But isn't there another set of screws behind the C1 and C2 buttons? Although I would be VERY reluctant to try to move them out of the way... 😬
That I do not know but I take the OP's word for it. I have not tried to open the C1 and C2 buttons but all "normal" RC radios do usually have two screws on each stick to adjust tension vertically and horizontally, so I would expect the RCPro to be the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty