DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2 Owners... Controller LED Color?

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, I picked up a Air 2 at launch... Loved it but I didnt like the color of the of the LED's On the Controller ( WHITE ) in the sun it was very hard to see them in the bright sunlight... I just picked up the Mini 2 for my wife.. That new M2 has the same controller as the Air 2 BUT the LEDS are VERY BRIGHT GREEN ! Did all the updates and now I use the Mini 2 controller with the Green LEDS. So much Brighter ! So are the NEW orders for the Air 2 have the NEW Green LEDS or are they STILL WHITE? Just curious.. Anyone who just received a NEW AIR 2 please post the color of your LEDS ... On the Controller// Thanks!

Not trying to demean or belittle the OP but does it REALLY make that big of a difference? The only time I have ever looked at those lights was during the charging sequence. During all flight operations subsequent to going out with a fully charged batteries that information is clearly displayed in APP top right in actual percentage of full charge.

Other than to know that one aircraft has white and the other green so one can determine which was sold with which, I don't see why one couldn't simply look at their display and see actual charge instead of a segmented led display where the remaining charge is varied by 20% or there about....maybe I am just not understanding the conditions and any reason to look down for what is a guesstimated level vice accurate reading? Does not the Fly App tell you Controller Battery level? And if not why the heck not DJI? Regardless, the status of the RC is well above what the flight battery is or should be and can be verified before or after a flight before resuming flight operations.

Last edited:
That's curious.

Hey Guys, I picked up a Air 2 at launch... Loved it but I didnt like the color of the of the LED's On the Controller ( WHITE ) in the sun it was very hard to see them in the bright sunlight... I just picked up the Mini 2 for my wife.. That new M2 has the same controller as the Air 2 BUT the LEDS are VERY BRIGHT GREEN ! Did all the updates and now I use the Mini 2 controller with the Green LEDS. So much Brighter ! So are the NEW orders for the Air 2 have the NEW Green LEDS or are they STILL WHITE? Just curious.. Anyone who just received a NEW AIR 2 please post the color of your LEDS ... On the Controller// Thanks!
All white as well! Purchased in January.

Could it be to remind you/denote which one your flying? Same controller for M2 and MA2.

I am about to pick up an MA2 to join my M2 and the single controller is a good feature for me.

[emoji1751]
f0cf332da50d380bbf2bb5a5fb57efda.jpg

OT: One value of a forum is that forumers can post what they want to post subject only to the rules and guidelines as implemented by the moderators.

While you cannot control what can be posted, you can always control your reaction.

So post and let post. One does not need to reply and one can just let it slide.

We are all here to build goodwill and bridges. After all, being in this forum is not our day jobs Thumbswayup :) ;)

Hey brotha, yes I just purchased mine yesterday and they are green but everyone I know that has the same are white I was freaking out lol I actually prefer the white but the new kits are coming in green.

Hey brotha, yes I just purchased mine yesterday and they are green but everyone I know that has the same are white I was freaking out lol I actually prefer the white but the new kits are coming in green.

We could get envious of each other. "Hey, how did YOU get a GREEN one?"

Last edited:
I’ve sold mine but mine were white. Mini 2 and Air 2S both green. I dont think there is a difference in the controller other than the color of the LEDs.

I purchased my MM2 in June and the LEDs are green. The color makes no difference to me personally but I could see the green being more visible in direct sunlight.

Bought mine 4 months ago in a local store here where I live, LEDs on the controller are white. BUT my friend bought the air 2S in the same store I did and his LEDs are green.
Pretty confusing, but for me personally it doesn't really matter, yes it's more visible that's not important for me. I just switch the mode selector and check if I hear the beep :)

Bought mine 4 months ago in a local store here where I live, LEDs on the controller are white. BUT my friend bought the air 2S in the same store I did and his LEDs are green.
Pretty confusing, but for me personally it doesn't really matter, yes it's more visible that's not important for me. I just switch the mode selector and check if I hear the beep :)

I'd say this is consistent with Marcass' idea.

Yea, me too, we rule, we are better than the 'greenies'.....LOL

Mine has white LED's and is labeled Tripod for one of the speeds.

Looks like the Greenies got the Cine. 😃

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147