DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery color?

And from what I have read the darker battery has 140mA more, that is like :40 more flight time, that could come in handy.

So if you bought a new car the door or hood wouldn't need to match ? Sounds like people have pretty low expectations /standards for dji and their selves. If they are not keeping consistent color of the plastic how much confidence can you have in their work? I've worked in QC for 20 years and experienced similar problems. The ultimate goal is to ensure the customers satisfaction and confidence in your product.

Yeah I agree with you, I also think the owner of DJI thinks a lot about cool high quality innovations but after the product is designed and tested it's in the hands of the manufacturing dept and since this is China I think customer satisfaction and QC are very secondary to $$$. I would bet the owner probably does not even pay attention to whats happening with the Mavic anymore, he's busy with the Mavic2 and P5 right now.

Rob

Last edited:
So if you bought a new car the door or hood wouldn't need to match ? Sounds like people have pretty low expectations /standards for dji and their selves. If they are not keeping consistent color of the plastic how much confidence can you have in their work? I've worked in QC for 20 years and experienced similar problems. The ultimate goal is to ensure the customers satisfaction and confidence in your product.
Difference between a car that could cost any where from 15k and up and an 89 dollar battery.. Expectations for a multi thousand dollar car are different for me than a item that costs sub 100 dollars.. I don't care what color it is as long as its a legit battery from DJI and it works. Whos really gonna spot it from the ground and go, Ya know that battery is different color than the the drone.. LOL. Anyways. It's not that I have low expectations for EVERYTHING my opinion is its just a trivial matter that its slightly off color for what it is and the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pedro
Don't worry, you will crash and break the battery one day and it won't matter anymore..

Would you get onto an airplane if some panel or winglet was a different shade? :)

Look at it this way , you don't have to number that battery to keep it separate from the other . Dji just did you a favor .

Even as a two-toned look, it looks much better than my batteries with propeller marks across the tops.

You are supposed to unfold the arms before you start up the motors...... :p

The blades don't even reach the battery when they are unfolded, how are you getting the scuff marks then?

You are supposed to unfold the arms before you start up the motors...... :p

The blades don't even reach the battery when they are unfolded, how are you getting the scuff marks then?
Marks are from crashes; as in upside down when it hits the ground. :eek:
One was operator error when I was flying fast backwards and didn't give it enough time to stop motion. The others were an issue with the Mavic itself -- honest!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez