DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Battery Issue

Rbneff50

Reactions
I have a MAV 2 Zoom and got a new battery for Christmas (after my old one swelled and cracked). Today I went to fly with the new battery and I was getting some type of error saying to check the battery terminal connection. Although the bat was fully charged my controller indicated low battery and it would not let me take off. Also I could not read the voltage. Put one of my other batteries in the drone and everything was fine... So it must be an issue with the new battery. Contacting DJI. Anyone else experience this? Thanks

A long shot, but try seating the battery again, making sure it's fully inserted. On two occasions, I've not seated battery fully . . . and I thought I was being careful. Looking, it was not obvious it was not fully in, just a tiny amount lacking, but enough to get the warning (which is obviously there for people like me!).

Reactions: Gindra
How do you update battery software when I don't seem to have a data link to the battery?

A long shot, but try seating the battery again, making sure it's fully inserted. On two occasions, I've not seated battery fully . . . and I thought I was being careful. Looking, it was not obvious it was not fully in, just a tiny amount lacking, but enough to get the warning (which is obviously there for people like me!).
It's seated properly.... checked it several times and inspected the terminals.

Reactions: RMuntan
How do you update battery software when I don't seem to have a data link to the battery?
When you place the battery in the drone, the controller will generally show a message something like "inconsistent firmware" or similar. Update the battery's firware. Power down, place another battery in, power up and see if you get additional messages. Undating all batteries. It is a very quick process.

Another thing - I would guess you charged the new battery but they are shipped in some kind of sleep mode. They need to be placed on a charger to end that sleep mode.

Give the terminals on the new battery a once over cleaning with some compressed air. The battery comms pins which tell the drone how much power is left in the battery are probably dirty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688