DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Battery not charging

FEATHERS

Reactions
Hi. I got the Fly More pack, 3 batteries. 2 charged fine, 3rd one not charging, I plug it in, lights flash, charger goes red, battery light has 1 solid light and 1 blinking.. any ideas?

Just seen the posts about this, its classic right, why would you look for this info before trying to charge a battery, well, lesson learnt, now I have a ****ed battery.... Great

I feel your pain. One of my batteries is bricked as well, sending back to DJI today for repair/replacement. Although yours may be fixable by inserting into Aircraft, mine won’t light up at all.

Just seen the posts about this, its classic right, why would you look for this info before trying to charge a battery, well, lesson learnt, now I have a ****ed battery.... Great

Can you try the charging it fully in the aircraft method and let us know if it worked? Just for other peoples info?

You probably saw this thread . . .

Yes, DJI should replace, get onto them.

DJI's New Mavic Air 2 has been released. Are you ready to up your creative game with this new drone? However, we noticed that some users have reported that after receiving their long-awaited Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo, they used the battery charging hub to activate the batteries after unboxing! But they realized that the indicator on the battery charging hub was solid red, and then one of the batteries cannot be turned on, or it can be powered on but not charged.

What's wrong with it? What can I do? Should I send back the battery?

Don’t worry! We have asked our R&D engineers, and here is their answer:

To ensure transportation safety, Mavic Air 2 batteries are set to Sleep mode before shipping. Simply connect the battery with the battery charger by following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide or User Manual to activate the battery and fully charge it, then begin using it.

Scenario 1:
When using the battery charging hub to make the battery wake up from Hibernate status, the battery does not wake up and cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red.

Solution:
Charge the battery with the battery charger to wake up the battery.
190038llzezchsghu0dgye.png

Scenario 2:
After the battery wakes up from Sleep mode by using the battery charging hub, the battery can then be turned on, but it cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red. Then, when the battery is inserted into the aircraft and powered on, the app will prompt that there is a battery communication error.

Solution: (This issue is also easy to solve.)
  • Mount the battery to the aircraft. Power it on and wait for at least 3 minutes.
  • Then, turn off the battery, remove the battery from the aircraft, and leave it idle for more than 3 minutes.
  • Insert the battery into the battery charger for charging. Then the battery can be charged normally.
  • If the battery level is sufficient when the battery is powered on and inserted into the aircraft, update the battery firmware to the latest version. This can also fix the issue.

When the battery wakes up normally, you can now use the battery charging hub or the battery charger to charge the battery!

We hope this can help you. If you have any other questions during use, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for supporting DJI! Enjoy your flight with the Mavic Air 2.

DJI's New Mavic Air 2 has been released. Are you ready to up your creative game with this new drone? However, we noticed that some users have reported that after receiving their long-awaited Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo, they used the battery charging hub to activate the batteries after unboxing! But they realized that the indicator on the battery charging hub was solid red, and then one of the batteries cannot be turned on, or it can be powered on but not charged.

What's wrong with it? What can I do? Should I send back the battery?

Don’t worry! We have asked our R&D engineers, and here is their answer:

To ensure transportation safety, Mavic Air 2 batteries are set to Sleep mode before shipping. Simply connect the battery with the battery charger by following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide or User Manual to activate the battery and fully charge it, then begin using it.

Scenario 1:
When using the battery charging hub to make the battery wake up from Hibernate status, the battery does not wake up and cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red.

Solution:
Charge the battery with the battery charger to wake up the battery.
190038llzezchsghu0dgye.png

Scenario 2:
After the battery wakes up from Sleep mode by using the battery charging hub, the battery can then be turned on, but it cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red. Then, when the battery is inserted into the aircraft and powered on, the app will prompt that there is a battery communication error.

Solution: (This issue is also easy to solve.)
  • Mount the battery to the aircraft. Power it on and wait for at least 3 minutes.
  • Then, turn off the battery, remove the battery from the aircraft, and leave it idle for more than 3 minutes.
  • Insert the battery into the battery charger for charging. Then the battery can be charged normally.
  • If the battery level is sufficient when the battery is powered on and inserted into the aircraft, update the battery firmware to the latest version. This can also fix the issue.

When the battery wakes up normally, you can now use the battery charging hub or the battery charger to charge the battery!

We hope this can help you. If you have any other questions during use, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for supporting DJI! Enjoy your flight with the Mavic Air 2.
Unfortunately, that didn’t fix my one bricked battery. I sent it back to DJI yesterday.

So i just picked up my MA2 and discussed this issue with the dealer. This is what they said” press the power button 10 times in quick succession and hold on the 11th” seems to have worked as he showed me messages from clients who said it worked for them.

Do let us know if this works.

cheers

So i just picked up my MA2 and discussed this issue with the dealer. This is what they said” press the power button 10 times in quick succession and hold on the 11th” seems to have worked as he showed me messages from clients who said it worked for them.

cheers
Oh wow, I wish I would have known this before sending my battery back.

cheers
The battery CPR trick worked for me! Thank you!

Reactions: MA2 317
New batteries that came with my newly-purchased Mavic 2 pro would not charge past 50% Bought a 3rd battery and it would not charge past 50%. Bought a charging hub off Aliexpress, ($52US) waited a month to get it. It charged all three batteries 100% then turned off in about an hour and a half simultaneously.

The culprit was a defective charger out of the box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54