DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery, update firmware?

Hirogen

Reactions
I just got my second battery for my M2P. When I was getting ready to launch I recieved the following alert (below). I assume I need to just slide and update the firmware so It recognizes the new battery. I just wanted to make sure, I’ve read a lot of firmware issues and concerns on these forums.
Thanks, Hirogen.

85B8891B-FB06-497D-81DE-3D70CDA676D2.jpeg

assume I need to just slide and update the firmware so It recognizes the new battery.
Yes, you definitely want to slide and update whenever you see that message. It'll update the firmware on the currently installed battery.

I've never heard of anyone having issues with this battery firmware update process. When firmware issues come up, it always seems to be the aircraft or remote controller firmware.

Reactions: NoScreenNamesLeft
Many pilots don't realize that their batteries have their own firmware. That message is just saying that the battery requires an upgrade.

Since I have multiple batteries, I usually perform this upgrade at the office before heading out to the mission. That way I don't waste previous battery power for the upgrade.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa