DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Chicken Nugget in Japan

SpinRush

Reactions
Hi!!!! I'm brand spanking new. So new, that I haven't even gotten my Mavic Air yet. I live in the Land of the Rising Sun. I'm like.... totally into the car scene here. Long live JDM. I'm interested in photography and YouTubing. I'm so nervous. How many batteries should I get? I bought the Fly More pack. I hope to connect with people here so I can be a responsible pilot, not break any laws, and hopefully share some good videos. Nice to meet you all!

Reactions: grendeljaeger
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

How many batteries should I get?
Get one for every 15 minutes you want to fly without recharging. For example, if you think you'll fly no more than 30 minutes each time you head out, then 2 batteries will likely be sufficient.

Reactions: Masbrew
The 3 you will get with the Flymore might be enough. Any more than that is not the best thing because you have to charge and discharge them and take care of them.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Just got a call, that my Mavic Air is ready to be picked up! I’ll be doing the usual unboxing video. I have a YouTube channel called SpinRush C1. I’ve been using DJI OSMO Pocket. I love that. Made a nice rig with some non-DJI products I bought off Amazon.com. So DJI has quite a bit of money now....sigh. I’ll doing an unboxing video of a DJI product with a DJI product. Hopefully, I’ll be up and flying this Sunday. I got big plans for such small things.

Welcome to the world of drone flight. This is the place to be to learn, I can tell you that, I learned a ton here and am still learning. I must say I never could understand why people continue to do unboxing videos. We all know what it looks like and feels like to unbox something and everyone is the same. It's okay for yourself but I for one have no interest in seeing anyone else open the same thing over and over and over again. Fly safe and have fun.

Last edited:
Your "chicken nugget" line made me laugh but being an old guy and not being familiar with present day slang I looked it up on Urban Dictionary and none of the meanings were complimentary. Anyway welcome to the forum and enjoy your new drone!

Your "chicken nugget" line made me laugh but being an old guy and not being familiar with present day slang I looked it up on Urban Dictionary and none of the meanings were complimentary. Anyway welcome to the forum and enjoy your new drone!
I am an American Veteran and I served aboard the USS Independence aircraft carrier. Good Ol’Indy. My apologies, I left so much on the table with the word chicken nugget. I guess I’m getting old. The term “chicken nugget” was often used for new carrier wing pilots.
During sea trials, new carrier wing pilots, often have trouble making smooth landings on the deck of a moving ship. What they do is a bit of a panic. They get almost over the flight deck and then dump the power and the plane comes down with a huge thud that is audible throughout the rear part of the ship.
Why was that so loud, I asked. Ahhh that’s just some nugget up there worried he won’t snag the wire so he dumps all the power before the trap lines. They usually come in too high.

So, yeah, I’m a bit nervous. I got my Mavic Air. I started charging everything tonight. I’ll do my unboxing video for my viewers. They like that stuff. I know it’s corny but they want to know about things. My position is, anything good for the community. If they buy more drones, we’ll see better products, laws, etc.

Reactions: grendeljaeger
Well, maybe just the opposite for laws... the more flyers out there, the more crazies and young who have no cares about being safe and legal, so more laws against us, I would think, with more flyers out there.

Welcome aboard, from a fellow veteran: USAF 1968-1972, deployed to Okinawa 1969 as B-52 ground crew mechanic. Guess you never had one of these on your deck LOL!

Flying a Mavic Pro just under a year- just passed 600 miles- and only two "hard-landings" in my training curve LOL!

Welcome mate. Quite a few vets here so you should feel welcome

Hats off to those that served. I think I need to find a checklist. I’m hoping that someone has already made a Pre-Flight checklist. I don’t want to miss a step and have a Fly Away.

I think the worst part of drone flying ( remember I’m new ) will be finding “legal locations”. I’m not keen on calling weeks in advance to get permission to fly my drone in an area and then get out there only to see rain clouds on the horizon.

I’m mostly into cars so I want to go to the car meets located up in the mountains or remote areas, grab a couple aerials and slow low pass shots of car meets and specific vehicles.

Hi!!!! I'm brand spanking new. So new, that I haven't even gotten my Mavic Air yet. I live in the Land of the Rising Sun. I'm like.... totally into the car scene here. Long live JDM. I'm interested in photography and YouTubing. I'm so nervous. How many batteries should I get? I bought the Fly More pack. I hope to connect with people here so I can be a responsible pilot, not break any laws, and hopefully share some good videos. Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS