DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New controller won't pair to old mini 2

Skyehai

Reactions
Hello all! I just bought a new controller for my mini 2, as the old one bit the proverbial dust. I've tried all steps I know of to pair it, but nothing has worked, and I can't really find anything online to help. Does anyone have any tips?

Meaning no offense but people some time miss the long button press on the drone after it has powered up.
This looks a good video especially for pairing without a connected phone.
A trick that sometimes works on other drones is to remove the micro SD card from the drone, the drones are some times fussy about unusually named files or unusual file types or corrupted files.

Reactions: Thomas B
Meaning no offense but people some time miss the long button press on the drone after it has powered up.
This looks a good video especially for pairing without a connected phone.
A trick that sometimes works on other drones is to remove the micro SD card from the drone, the drones are some times fussy about unusually named files or unusual file types or corrupted files.
It doesn't have a micro SD in the drone, I just streamed to my phone. And I did the long press until the single beep after the drone started up.

Hello all! I just bought a new controller for my mini 2, as the old one bit the proverbial dust. I've tried all steps I know of to pair it, but nothing has worked, and I can't really find anything online to help. Does anyone have any tips?
Hi....you said "a new controller" do you mean the latest and greatest from DJI?? or the some what older one that is Grey in color, and the Phone is mounted on top of the Controller?. need to know exactly what controller your using with the Mini-2,,,, because...I have read some stuff on this Forum that DJI is implementing some features that the Aircraft SN and the Controller SN will become a "Pair" or a "Set".
I wish I could find that article. Why would DJI do that you say?. Because, if you loos your Mini-2 far away
and you can't find it, its lost. Some hiker comes along and finds your Mini-2, they can just order a Controller and Bang...they have a new System to play with. No so if the Mini-2 and the Controller that was shipped to you as a "Set" with locked in SN's the hiker can't fire up your Mini-2 because the SN of the new controller does not match the Mini-2's SN data base..... Call DJI Support and tell them the Sn of your new Controller and the SN of your Mini-2 and see if their is an Issue with what your are now trying to do. Post a reply of the results, and we will all be a bit wiser.... Ron

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada