DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Design for Lens Hood

@Motley

Great design! Version 4 printed perfect after adding a 4mm raft. Upon my first print attempt the print began to lift and the raft solved that big time!

I am now willing to charge stupid prices and send these to any members that would like them printed. :)
Thanks for the feedback, were you printing with ABS by chance? If so that may be why as ABS really likes to warp without a solid base which would also explain why the raft worked.

Glad you find it useful, I have already printed 4 of them for other members :)

Motley can I get one?
The lens flare is really bad on this......Any low sun your screwed. Thanks : )

Thanks for the feedback, were you printing with ABS by chance? If so that may be why as ABS really likes to warp without a solid base which would also explain why the raft worked.

Glad you find it useful, I have already printed 4 of them for other members :)

I printed in PLA and temp was 240 on extruder. Its pretty common with my printer when there are longish sections that are thin to start out. I use glue stick as an adhesion agent which works well usually.

If Motley cant print one for you @hidaven I can. PM me if needed.

I printed in PLA and temp was 240 on extruder. Its pretty common with my printer when there are longish sections that are thin to start out. I use glue stick as an adhesion agent which works well usually.

If Motley cant print one for you @hidaven I can. PM me if needed.
Wow, 240C for PLA it pretty hot. I print PLA at 210C, I print ABS at 230-240C. For PLA you also should have cooling to cool the plastic down quicker for best results. Most people add a ducted blower on their extruder to blow on the part but I just have a clamp fan mounted outside my printer blowing in for PLA prints.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu