DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Crystal Sky Hood

Schnauzergeek

Reactions
Although my CrystalSky monitor was bright enough, I have purchased the DJI CrystalSky monitor hood from Advexure primarily for the protection that it provides for my screen when it is folded. I love the way the hood is spring loaded from the folded position!
The only problem that I had was that once the hood is attached, you can’t use the MavMount:CS because the frame becomes too thick for the MavMount:CS to fit. The quick solution would be to grind down the lip of the MavMount:CS as suggested by the MavMount manufacturer. The good people at MavMount are currently working on a solution.
IMG_1566.JPGIMG_1567.JPG

Last edited:
As with in another post, can you not dremmel the hood itself? Instead of the mavmount? I just think plastic is easier than metal.

As with in another post, can you not dremmel the hood itself? Instead of the mavmount? I just think plastic is easier than metal.
As far as modding the plate vs the plastic, (as the guy who did it), and who owns both a dremel and an angle grinder, i think the mod of the plate was much easier.

plastic tends to ball up, melt, and nice edges are hard to come by. In contrast, the metal edge is almost perfect. Took about 3 minutes total. :)

Reactions: Schnauzergeek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan