DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo with RC Pro

RocketBrew

Reactions
From an article on sUAS News:

Thank you for your great support towards the launch of the Mavic 3 series. We heard you and learnt that a lot of you loved to try the new DJI RC Pro but had to make the purchase separately. In order to improve user experience, we decided to introduce a new DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo with the DJI RC Pro. It will be available in Mainland China from December 20, and in North America and some European countries in Q1/2022 depending on demand.

The new DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC Pro) includes a Mavic 3 drone, 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1 DJI RC Pro, 1 Battery Charger, 1 Battery Charging Hub, 1 Storage Cover, 6 pairs of Propellers, 1 Set of ND Filters (ND4\8\16\32), 1 Convertible Carrying Bag, and other essential items.

In the regions where the new DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC Pro) is sold, customers can choose between four different options: Mavic 3 Standard, DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo, DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC Pro), and DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo.

We understand that customers in some regions have purchased the DJI RC Pro separately before this new combo is introduced. We will compensate these customers with DJI credit and coupons later. For more details of the program, please pay attention to our official communication channels.

https://www.suasnews.com/2021/12/new-dji-mavic-3-fly-more-combo-with-rc-pro/

Last edited:
Thank you for your great support towards the launch of the Mavic 3 series. We heard you and learnt that a lot of you loved to try the new DJI RC Pro but had to make the purchase separately. In order to improve user experience, we decided to introduce a new DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo with the DJI RC Pro. It will be available in Mainland China from December 20, and in North America and some European countries in Q1/2022 depending on demand.

The new DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC Pro) includes a Mavic 3 drone, 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1 DJI RC Pro, 1 Battery Charger, 1 Battery Charging Hub, 1 Storage Cover, 6 pairs of Propellers, 1 Set of ND Filters (ND4\8\16\32), 1 Convertible Carrying Bag, and other essential items.

In the regions where the new DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC Pro) is sold, customers can choose between four different options: Mavic 3 Standard, DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo, DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC Pro), and DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo.

We understand that customers in some regions have purchased the DJI RC Pro separately before this new combo is introduced. We will compensate these customers with DJI credit and coupons later. For more details of the program, please pay attention to our official communication channels.

That's welcome news except for the fact that likely, there won't be much of any discount. Just a matter of getting it in a separate box or getting it together.

Sure... NOW they add it. I guess the far off start date for this bundle is due to available supplies of RC Pro units. Will they buy back my RC-N1 for whatever amount I would have saved getting the bundle I wanted in the first place? Somehow I don't think that offer is forthcoming. Sigh. It's hard living on the bleeding, broken, missing features, overpriced, under-delivered edge.

"We understand that customers in some regions have purchased the DJI RC Pro separately before this new combo is introduced. We will compensate these customers with DJI credit and coupons later. For more details of the program, please pay attention to our official communication channels."

Not sure I understand , what about those that purchased the RC From Best Buy ?
Are we also entitled to some discount or is this just limited to DJI purchases ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 In the Rain.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
They will probably pay you to not send back the crappy standard controller!

They probably included it with the M3 to get rid of their stock...
Sure... NOW they add it. I guess the far off start date for this bundle is due to available supplies of RC Pro units. Will they buy back my RC-N1 for whatever amount I would have saved getting the bundle I wanted in the first place? Somehow I don't think that offer is forthcoming. Sigh. It's hard living on the bleeding, broken, missing features, overpriced, under-delivered edge.

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
That's welcome news except for the fact that likely, there won't be much of any discount. Just a matter of getting it in a separate box or getting it together.
It will be discounted by what the RC-N1 costs, plus a bit more, if previous SC bundle pricing is the model. Based on everything else it won't be the model. The new "let's solve our financial woes by gouging the most loyal DJI customers" pricing model is more likely.

They ARE listening. I used propeller pricing for M3 as an example last week. $19 vs 11 for A2S. This week, they are marked down to $15. But out of stock. So they are cheaper, but you can't actually buy them 🤔

They will probably pay you to not send back the crappy standard controller!

They probably included it with the M3 to get rid of their stock...
My only hope now is a Pro controller with everything but the display. I cant imagine how the board agreed saying ”It is a $3000 “PRO” drone, not for hobbyists. But **** the customers let’s just include the crappy controller, the same one which ships with $400 mini drone”

• Haha
Reactions: Capt KO and Suren
My only hope now is a Pro controller with everything but the display. I cant imagine how the board agreed saying ”It is a $3000 “PRO” drone, not for hobbyists. But **** the customers let’s just include the crappy controller, the same one which ships with $400 mini drone”
Agreed on the desire for a better controller without a display. I use a big iPad for my display but am really disappointed with the controller. In truth I'm disappointed with a lot of the M3 but as I've probably mentioned before, got it for the quite props and the battery life. Not much else is impressive to me but those were enough. Give me a tele lens that does full log and I'd stop complaining. ;)

Any idea how much credit they going to give as DJI credit? Well, I am hoping the credit is >$179, which is enough for people to use to buy the wide angle lens for the Mavic 3 that they will release God knows when.

I guess this is a response from the disaster from the Mavic 3 Cine. They are not going to sell that drone until they change those faulty SSDs integrated on the boards. The pros are not going to buy that drone and the sales will be so slow that they may decide to sell those RC-Pro controllers with the regular Mavic 3 as a combo.

They really mess up the Mavic 3 Cine and standard releasing an unfinished product.

I guess this is a response from the disaster from the Mavic 3 Cine. They are not going to sell that drone until they change those faulty SSDs integrated on the boards. The pros are not going to buy that drone and the sales will be so slow that they may decide to sell those RC-Pro controllers with the regular Mavic 3 as a combo.

They really mess up the Mavic 3 Cine and standard releasing an unfinished product.
Can you put a link to info about the faulty ssd? I have a combo, not a cine but curious.

Thank you for your great support towards the launch of the Mav,,.

Hey OP, on the communication from DJI you posted, where they woke up and realized that any serious purchaser/drone pilot will want the RC Pro, but NOT necessarily want the Prores special.

Just curious if it was an email that you received, or some other source. I want to be able to quote it back to them when they catch on how much this combo is needed, and remind them of the bit where they promised compensation for thise of us who had hoped buy 2 controllers, one of which we will never use, except in an emergency perhaps.

Can you put a link to info about the faulty ssd? I have a combo, not a cine but curious.
There are several post in the DJI forums but check the hot topics.

Reactions: Capt KO
There are several post in the DJI forums but check the hot topics.

I never gave much consideration to the cine version but these points are well taken and PARTICULARLY if I were doing this professionally I would not want an SSD baked into my drone that I could not swap out, but it's equally true that as a pro I would not tolerate a zoom lens that could not be used in log mode or one that could only shoot jpg or jump from 4x to 7x WHHAT??? Many pro drone operators require the ability to do waypoints. Luckily my requirements boiled down to quiet and good battery life but the shortcomings of the M3 did cause me to ponder at great length, cine or not.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I copied it from sUAS News, saw it in their e-mail newsletter.

Credited with the link at the bottom of the original post

New DJI Mavic 3 fly more combo with RC Pro - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Hey OP, on the communication from DJI you posted, where they woke up and realized that any serious purchaser/drone pilot will want the RC Pro, but NOT necessarily want the Prores special.

Just curious if it was an email that you received, or some other source. I want to be able to quote it back to them when they catch on how much this combo is needed, and remind them of the bit where they promised compensation for thise of us who had hoped buy 2 controllers, one of which we will never use, except in an emergency perhaps.

So, I am one of those people who has recently purchased a Mavic 3 Fly More but wish I could have received the DJI RC PRO. Please guide me a little. Am I to purchase my RC PRO from my favorite drone DJI retailer and register for credit with the DJI store?

Reactions: bonzo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78