DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJi pilot

Aaron24

Reactions
I should be getting my mavic 2 zoom tomorrow. Being delivered. I'm coming to DJi after owning a Yuneec Q500 4K for a couple of years.

Any handy points I should know as someone coming to DJi from a different manufacturer?

I am using an Android Galaxy S7 so hope that will be OK.

How do you stop calls and alerts coming to your phone while you are flying?

Reactions: cmparks89
Welcome to the forum! :)

Any handy points I should know as someone coming to DJi from a different manufacturer?
This video should get you started:

How do you stop calls and alerts coming to your phone while you are flying?
Enable airplane mode on your phone.

Reactions: dtp
Welcome to the forum! :)

This video should get you started:

Enable airplane mode on your phone.
Many thanks will watch the video. Have watched a tonn on YouTube and read the instruction manual but have not seen that video.

If you put your plane in airplane mode do you predownload the map first in the DJi Go app?

One more question. With the Q500 if you travelled anymore than say 200km from where you last flew the quad you would need to recalibrate the compass and GPS at the new location. Would I need to do that for the Mavic also?

If you put your plane in airplane mode do you predownload the map first in the DJi Go app?
Yes.

With the Q500 if you travelled anymore than say 200km from where you last flew the quad you would need to recalibrate the compass and GPS at the new location. Would I need to do that for the Mavic also?
No.

[QUOTE="Aaron24, post: 560974, member: 74107"
One more question. With the Q500 if you travelled anymore than say 200km from where you last flew the quad you would need to recalibrate the compass and GPS at the new location. Would I need to do that for the Mavic also?[/QUOTE]
Maybe....:)
Do a search in the forum for "compass" & "calibrate". There are several comprehensive threads concerning the need ro calibrate.

Manual says you should actually calibrate the compass if you take off 50km or more from where you last took off from.

I took a 100 km trip yesterday to do some video. As soon a I fired up the Mavic it wanted a compass calibration. When I made the 100 km return trip back home, it wanted to be calibrated again.

I think it would be good practise to do it by default each time you travel these sort of distances to fly. 30 second proceedure that is worth it in my opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke