DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI smart control will not link to WIFI

I’m on the Telstra NBN modem and did not have any issues connecting to the wifi and registering my controller
I did have to plug it into my pc for DJI assistant for update

Solution for situations where a login page needs to be loaded into a browser to gain access to the network: type "10.0.0.1" (or an equivalent admin IP address like 192.168.1.1) into the browser URL address. Then login as usual.

Note this requires that the network be connected via a public 'socket' first - such networks are typically used by businesses. When such a network is connected to, the controller will tell you that you are connected but yet, you cannot access the internet.

Hardgainer, I've found a workaround that works for me - hopefully you can do the same thing. I connected my mobile phone to my wifi and then used that to create a mobile hotspot. The controller was able to connect to the hotspot with no problem, even though the phone is connected to the same wifi that the controller coule not connect to. My controller is now activated. Happy days. It's not a proper fix, but will get me up and running and hopefully you and others too.

I also raised a call with DJI support who were quite unhelpful and instantly jumped to the 'we need to send you a replacement unit'. I told them I'd sorted a workaround and they then said it was probably a limit on my router! Don't you just love unhelpful companies?

Anyway, hopefully you can get the same results and they will find a long term fix. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Thank you... I’ve had the same problem and used your fix. Cheers

Hello, I just wanted to say after looking on the internet and forums like this trying to get help I wasn't able to connect my Smart Controller to my home wi-fi. I was able to connect the controller to my wi-fi hotspot on my phone (my phone doesn't act as a relay and instead uses cellular data) and I was able to connect to an open wi-fi at my grocery store. So my last ditch effort was to turn to my customer support for my ISP and after trying a few things we got it to work! I joined this forum just to share my work around for others...

My router has a guest wi-fi network feature as I am sure many modern routers have. I turned this on and set it up to default to the most secure options (private LAN, security set to WPA2-PSK, and a wireless key) and it worked! Using my phone as a hotspot wasn't a workaround I was willing to accept (in the field that is different but not at home)... I hope this helps!

Some devices having troubles to connect to WiFi hotspots with authentication set to WPA2 personal encryption AES only.
Change this setting in your WiFi hotspot/router to "WPA personal AES+TKIP"
Excellent!! That worked for me. I had just updated the firmware on my Smart Controller plus had a new router installed when converted over to Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) this week. I wasn't sure what caused the Wi-Fi connection to no longer work on the Smart Controller. This has saved me some frustration. Many thanks.

Reactions: ff22
Hi
i had he same problem days after i could automatically connect to my wifi, tried everything. charged my batteries till it was a 100%, problem solved.

I have a phantom 4 pro v2 smart controller and it will not connect to pc. I'm trying to run terra and it states to connect to controller by pc mode. failed shut down controller and try again. nothing over and over. no 2d mapping found on my controller and will not connect to my dell pc to allow me to add anything new. help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost