DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Smart Controller for 2023?

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi,
I’m ready to commit to a new Smart Control but before I make a decision, does anyone know if DJI is planning to release a version in 2023?

Hi,
I’m ready to commit to a new Smart Control but before I make a decision, does anyone know if DJI is planning to release a version in 2023?
Moved your Thread to the correct spot. Good luck.

Hi,
The DJI Smart Controller is discontinued... so I suspect that you actually mean something else? Which one of the below have you committed too & which drone model do you intend to use it for..?

The oldest & discontinued Smart Controller is compatible with DJI Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0... it's questionable if the DJI Mavic Air 2s is, even though they were bundled in the beginning when the Air 2s was released... it never worked in a reliable way. The Smart controller have a very old Android system & doesn't have the power needed for the DJI Fly app.
1677776814039.png

Then came the DJI RC Pro. It's compatible with DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine and DJI Air 2S I believe... it have enough power to last several coming drone model & app iterations.
1677776782615.png

From the release of the Mini 3 Pro the DJI RC came... it's compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro, and Mini 3, as well as the DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Mavic 3 Cine, and the DJI Air 2S... but it's not at all at the same sophistication level as the DJI RC Pro... it's much cheaper both price & functionality wise.
1677776852533.png

Reactions: dfross and GFields
Hi,
Thanks for the reply and info. I’m aware of the controllers that are out there at the moment, I was inquiring if there was a new one on the horizon for 2023. I currently have the DJI RC that I use with my Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3. I have them all working the DJI rc including an Air 2s I recently sold. I’ve always had problems with controller and more so since adding the Mavic 3. Recently I’ve had app crashes, pixelization and horrible latency. I’ve recently sent it back to DJI for warranty replacement. Im looking to see if there will be a newer one coming out this year before I consider the DJI RC Pro.

...I consider the DJI RC Pro.
So it's the RC Pro you're looking at...

Well no one will know besides DJI, but considering that the RC Pro is a brand new high end controller which came along side with the Mavic 3 & looking back at how DJI have released accessory RC models earlier... I would say that we will not see a "Gen 2" of the RC Pro in a foreseeable future, more FW updates & more compatible drone models yes... but not another model replacing the RC Pro.

Reactions: maggior
Ok thanks, I thought I heard there may be an intermediate version out this year.(Between the DJI RC & DJI RC PRO)

So it's the RC Pro you're looking at...

Well no one will know besides DJI, but considering that the RC Pro is a brand new high end controller which came along side with the Mavic 3 & looking back at how DJI have released accessory RC models earlier... I would say that we will not see a "Gen 2" of the RC Pro in a foreseeable future, more FW updates & more compatible drone models yes... but not another model replacing the RC Pro.

To further support this, the original Smart Controller was around for 3 maybe 4 years before the RC Pro came out. It was out long enough that folks started really complaining about performance and that it was outdated tech. So yeah, it's gonna be a few years probably until a replacement for the RC Pro or RC come out IMHO.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead