DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI smart controller

Lawndude

Reactions
Hi I have a quick question.I’m looking at upgrading to the smart controller.But I have a mavic pro.Is this remote compatible to use with this drone.Nothing wrong with my old one just wanting to know if it will work with it thanks mark

Thanks it’s kind of confusing when reading about it.When it says that it is with the mavic pro series.The pro the pro 2 and the zoom but oh well I guess.Maybe one day I’ll up grade everything.Got to keep up with technology I guess or it will leave you behind. Thanks for the info though

Thanks it’s kind of confusing when reading about it.When it says that it is with the mavic pro series.The pro the pro 2 and the zoom but oh well I guess.Maybe one day I’ll up grade everything.Got to keep up with technology I guess or it will leave you behind. Thanks for the info though
The part about "series" is Mavic 2 Enterprise as there are several variations to Enterprise. There's only one type of Mavic 2 Pro. Nothing there says the original Pro which we tend to call Mavic 1.

As said your dealing with Ocusync vs. Ocusync 2.0. DJI managed to make their goggles work on both. They also updated the transmission system of Ocusync 2.0 on the MA2 to further the range, then went and modified the the M2 series to match that. And finally firmware to the SC to match that new system. So looks like they are going forward, not backward. I guess it's safe to say if they had any thoughts of making it backwards compatible they would have done so by now.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
What I don’t like about the SC is that since my iphone’s not hooked up to it I have to take the SD card out and put it in a reader to transfer to my iphone.

Reactions: Tail Gunner
Hi I have a quick question.I’m looking at upgrading to the smart controller.But I have a mavic pro.Is this remote compatible to use with this drone.Nothing wrong with my old one just wanting to know if it will work with it thanks mark
Not likely, Mavic pro uses ocusync 1.0, whereas S/C uses 2.0

What I don’t like about the SC is that since my iphone’s not hooked up to it I have to take the SD card out and put it in a reader to transfer to my iphone.
You should read up on the SC functions :p It has a "Go Share" App that will transfer files. One of the many features that the Smart Controller has thus the name. :)

Reactions: JimB56
I’ve tried that before but I don’t remember why it didn’t work. I’m thinking it brought up the “Go App” and not the “Fly App”

Yes you can. Just follow the promps. Tip: hold down your drone battery 'on' button for 5 seconds to relink to the controller. Need wifi to sign into your DJI account (done on Smart Controller) to sync your bespoke flight control settings.

Yes you can. Just follow the promps. Tip: hold down your drone battery 'on' button for 5 seconds to relink to the controller. Need wifi to sign into your DJI account (done on Smart Controller) to sync your bespoke flight control settings.
Why would you tell him that the SC will work with a Mavic Pro, It certainly will not. Had you read the whole thread you would have seen that. Giving false advise on subjects that you don't know isn't helping anyone. :(

Why would you tell him that the SC will work with a Mavic Pro, It certainly will not. Had you read the whole thread you would have seen that. Giving false advise on subjects that you don't know isn't helping anyone. :(
SC works with Mavic Pro. My friend flies with both.

SC works with Mavic Pro. My friend flies with both.
You can say so, but I know 100% it doesn't as I own one. And DJI says it doesn't. Now does your "Friend" have a Mavic 2 Pro??? That is a big difference between a Mavic Pro. DJI Smart Controller home page says: "*Compatible with the Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0." The Mavic pro is Ocusync version 1, the SC is Ocusync ver. 2.0 as well as the aircraft it supports (It is not backwards compatable) two totally separate operating parameters.

See for yourself: DJI Smart Controller - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1