DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone - Battery Question

So, can one say that when not flying for an unknown number of days (weather affects my flying a lot), is it fine to either fly your drone down to 50-60% battery charge, or alternatively charge the battery to 50-60% (2-3 blinking lights) and then the battery will look after itself?
It would be better to not charge your batteries unless you're sure you're going to fly. If you aren't able to fly a few times, then let the batteries auto discharge down to the storage level. See more details in this guide:

HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Mavic batteries

Does a battery need ’rest’, thus requiring one to have more than one battery
No. But, you might have to take a rest in between flights if you only have one battery since they will not charge when hot.

I've had my DJi Mavic Air for nearly 12 months now, and I just let the batteries look after themselves they are after-all intelligent batteries.
I just charge the up as and when required.

Thank you Thunderdrones!

There is so much talk about these batteries, that it keeps me kind of confused.

I understand that they should not be drained. So, can one say that when not flying for an unknown number of days (weather affects my flying a lot), is it fine to either fly your drone down to 50-60% battery charge, or alternatively charge the battery to 50-60% (2-3 blinking lights) and then the battery will look after itself? Does a battery need ’rest’, thus requiring one to have more than one battery (yes, I understand that more than one battery is practical when flying a lot)? Or is there just no concensus on this subject?
That's what I do. I only charge a battery before I'm ready to fly it, and if I do charge it and don't fly I at least hover it down to storage level.

It might be the OCD in me, but I don’t even like using a battery if it’s just been on for a fe minutes while I check settings in the evening. I always make sure I launch with 100%

It might be the OCD in me, but I don’t even like using a battery if it’s just been on for a fe minutes while I check settings in the evening. I always make sure I launch with 100%
So if you took off, flew for a minute, realized you had the wrong filter on there, and landed you would actually recharge the battery to 100%? You probably have other batteries at the ready.

Yea I would. I’m not saying this is a requirement, just me. I have 4 batteries so never really need to be flying without a full charge. Sure if the need arose, I would do it, but if not- like I say it’s my OCD and may years working on military ops where cost isn’t an issue and safety is always over the top where it can be applied.
:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_