DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Owner

Raven Rider

Reactions
My name is Jerry (Raven Rider)new to the family of Mavic Drones... I just bought a used Mavic Pro because of the site. I'm so happy to have found this site and have been lurking for a while. Thanks for all of the posters here, so much information. My hope is to get the Mavic Enterprise with IR so this is why I got the one I did to learn to fly and make beginner mistakes on a much cheaper bird and wait for the Enterprise one to get the bugs corrected if there are some. I forgot to say I'm from Mesa,Az

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the Club! Flying in Mesa you will need to watch your temps as the summer progresses. Flying when it is too hot may cause battery swelling. From the battery safety guide: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines-EN.pdf

View attachment 74537

That safety range is 14°F to 104°F so you may need to limit your flights to morning and evening. Have Fun!
Excellent advice! We’re seeing air temps at/near the century mark now... early am is likely best in the metroPHX area.

Welcome from upstate New York fly safe and enjoy

Yep thanks for the reminder on High temp. flying. I go camping during the summer a lot to get the heck out of here. 40c is too hot for me too.

Welcome raven rider from Minneapolis—-I guess I shouldn’t go droning when it is below 14. ?

Thanks for the "warm" replies. Too much information here but I'm slowly getting my knowledge up to the point I'm ready for a maiden voyage. Need to do that before it gets too hot. I hope to meet up with other local drone pilots and maybe get together and do some camping and flying "up north" where it's cooler.

Reactions: Dronage

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman