DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Pilot in Utah

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
Thanks for all the great tips. Archived the URLs

Reactions: Hauptmann
Well Santa has my order for a new DJI Mavic Air 2 drone, my very first drone. Since my cellphone battery is dying, I purchased the DJI Smart Controller. I hope it is worth the extra $$$ I have a private pilots license (Single Engine Land) and have flown RC aircraft for a number of years but not recently since they closed our field and built a bunch of soccer fields over it. I am looking forward to this new hobby.

My wife and I have 4 sons and 4 daughters in law and 13 grandchildren. We love them all and they all live within 40 miles of us. I worked in the satellite broadcast area of a large non profit and ended the last 15 years as an Engineer. We have been retired for four years and love to RV camp, fish, hunt, garden, and be with family (not this year though). I am excited to try something new. I am also a Ham Radio operator of 38 years and love working public service events and communicating all over the world.

I will be watching a lot of Youtube videos on this drone while waiting for it and I have already registered with the FAA as a recreational pilot and received my registration number. The FAA site mentions as the last requirement to have passed an aeronautical and safety test. There is no mention as to where to find said test or how to take it. Any help would be appreciated.

Wish me luck. Oh, I also have a couple of electric planes waiting for a flight. I just have to get some courage up and head over to the Junior high to see if I can still fly.
Thanks to those running this forum
Dave
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Well Santa has my order for a new DJI Mavic Air 2 drone, my very first drone. Since my cellphone battery is dying, I purchased the DJI Smart Controller. I hope it is worth the extra $$$ I have a private pilots license (Single Engine Land) and have flown RC aircraft for a number of years but not recently since they closed our field and built a bunch of soccer fields over it. I am looking forward to this new hobby.

My wife and I have 4 sons and 4 daughters in law and 13 grandchildren. We love them all and they all live within 40 miles of us. I worked in the satellite broadcast area of a large non profit and ended the last 15 years as an Engineer. We have been retired for four years and love to RV camp, fish, hunt, garden, and be with family (not this year though). I am excited to try something new. I am also a Ham Radio operator of 38 years and love working public service events and communicating all over the world.

I will be watching a lot of Youtube videos on this drone while waiting for it and I have already registered with the FAA as a recreational pilot and received my registration number. The FAA site mentions as the last requirement to have passed an aeronautical and safety test. There is no mention as to where to find said test or how to take it. Any help would be appreciated.

Wish me luck. Oh, I also have a couple of electric planes waiting for a flight. I just have to get some courage up and head over to the Junior high to see if I can still fly.
Thanks to those running this forum
Dave
Welcome to the forum, happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S