DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Pilot - Missoula, MT

mtp1032

Reactions
Glad to have found this forum.

I have lots of aviation experience but absolutely zero, zip, nada drone experience. Was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and an instructor pilot stateside, but that was back in the coal-burning Huey days. Anyway, I offer this background to emphasize how excited I am about flying again. So, I've bit the bullet and bought a Mavic Pro + the works. Flying drones seems a much safer way to enjoy flying.;)

Now, for my first question: am I correct in understanding that the Mavic Pro will support two DJI VR goggles simultaneously? I want to take my family and friends for flights and this seems like a very cool way to introduce them to flying.

Will probably have lots more questions once my drone arrives.

Cheers,

Michael

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

am I correct in understanding that the Mavic Pro will support two DJI VR goggles simultaneously?
If you're referring to the DJI Goggles, then yes, you can connect two at the same time.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

If you're referring to the DJI Goggles, then yes, you can connect two at the same time.
Thanks for the quick response. Yes. I was referring to DJI Goggles. Also, elsewhere in the forums I asked the question about control. When two DJI Goggles are connected concurrently, which one is the master (if any is)?

Thanks,

When two DJI Goggles are connected concurrently, which one is the master (if any is)?
I'm assuming the first goggles to connect become the master. I only own one set, so I've never had the opportunity to try it. There is definitely a master and slave though.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Reactions: WAXMAN
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Glad to have found this forum.

I have lots of aviation experience but absolutely zero, zip, nada drone experience. Was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and an instructor pilot stateside, but that was back in the coal-burning Huey days. Anyway, I offer this background to emphasize how excited I am about flying again. So, I've bit the bullet and bought a Mavic Pro + the works. Flying drones seems a much safer way to enjoy flying.;)

Now, for my first question: am I correct in understanding that the Mavic Pro will support two DJI VR goggles simultaneously? I want to take my family and friends for flights and this seems like a very cool way to introduce them to flying.

Will probably have lots more questions once my drone arrives.

Cheers,

Michael
Howdy from Wyoming @mtp1032 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

The first answer should have been: Thank You for your service, and Welcome Home Brother! You Huey pilots saved a lot of lives, the bird was just too loud.

Welcome Michael, I'm from laurel,mt, almost neighbors. Been flying for 4 yrs, just love it. the dji googles are fabulous, a whole new reality to he flying experience

Hi TonyB and everyone. Just got my MPP today along with a pair of DJI Goggles. Spent the afternoon trying to get the everything up-to-date (Goggles, RC, and the Bird all required updating). Thanks be to all who've posted Youtube videos and other resources because the documentation supplied by DJI is, er, lacking to say the least.

Hope to be up and flying tomorrow

Oh, thought I'd mention that I'm having trouble connecting my Samsung Galaxy 7 to the RC. I couldn't get the Android plug locked in place, so I just used my phone's charging cable - plugged one end into the RC and the other end I ran through the bracked and connected to the phone. Works fine, but now I have this longish cable getting in the way. Anybody else solved the problem of connecting the micro-USB (android) cable supplied with the RC to lock in place?

Cheers,

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

I got it calibrated by rebooting everything (Drone, RC, Phone).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13