DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone pilot

Tufted

Reactions
Hi everyone , I'm planning on buying a dji air 2 . I'm aware that it comes under the A2 weight category , i also know that I need to get a flyer id and operator id. Do I need to obtain a A2 cofc and what rules apply to this weight class?. Also any other advice would be really appreciated as this is my first drone. Cheers

Hello from the Crossroads of America Tufted.

I can't help you with the U.K. certification requirements, but there are plenty of U.K. fliers here to help.

Enjoy your MA2 as much as I have and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome. I too have a MA2. Great drone and I love mine. You don’t need a A2 C of C if you want to stick with the basic rules but there will be other members here who I am sure will give you or point you to chapter and verse. I don’t have A2 C of C. Good luck, absorb as much as you can from You Tube etc and enjoy a great hobby.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi everyone , I'm planning on buying a dji air 2 . I'm aware that it comes under the A2 weight category , i also know that I need to get a flyer id and operator id. Do I need to obtain a A2 cofc and what rules apply to this weight class?. Also any other advice would be really appreciated as this is my first drone. Cheers
Welcome to the forum. Fly safe.

welcome to the forum
if you want to be able to fly in the A2 sub category ,as opposed to the A3 sub category of the open category ,then to enjoy the advantages that gives you ,with regards to distance from uninvolved people or infrastructure the A 2 C of C is what you need ,it will only last till the end of 2025 when it is ending, so although it was originally meant to last for 5 years from passing the test that is no longer the case
although i myself currently have the A2 C of C ,due to end in November 2025,with the ever changing rules that seem to happen ,i personally dont think that it is a worthwhile investment now
i took mine when the A2 C of C was first introduced ,because at that time drones were going to be categorised by weight ,and have a C label attached to them, which would require the pilot,to have an A2 C of C to be able to fly them
as we all know this never happened so the real usefulness of the A2 C of C was negated
i will say that the info from the course ,is very good ,and broadens the knowledge ,about many aspects of drone flying , and because it is being phased out at the end of 2025 ,the price of doing the course has been halved by many RAE s to encourage people to take the course

Reactions: Tufted and MA2 317
welcome to the forum
if you want to be able to fly in the A2 sub category ,as opposed to the A3 sub category of the open category ,then to enjoy the advantages that gives you ,with regards to distance from uninvolved people or infrastructure the A 2 C of C is what you need ,it will only last till the end of 2025 when it is ending, so although it was originally meant to last for 5 years from passing the test that is no longer the case
although i myself currently have the A2 C of C ,due to end in November 2025,with the ever changing rules that seem to happen ,i personally dont think that it is a worthwhile investment now
i took mine when the A2 C of C was first introduced ,because at that time drones were going to be categorised by weight ,and have a C label attached to them, which would require the pilot,to have an A2 C of C to be able to fly them
as we all know this never happened so the real usefulness of the A2 C of C was negated
i will say that the info from the course ,is very good ,and broadens the knowledge ,about many aspects of drone flying , and because it is being phased out at the end of 2025 ,the price of doing the course has been halved by many RAE s to encourage people to take the course
I hadn’t realised that the courses are coming down in cost. I may have a bash. Thanks for highlighting this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1