DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone user and proud Mavic Air owner

Dutch_Dress

Reactions
Hiya all,

As my nickname states, I'm from Holland (I did see some others from my country too :) )and never had the experience to fly a drone before. After months of research and watching video's I was sure to get a drone.

First I was thinking about a cheap one to try it out, but in my search all of the cheaper drone's was missing something. But eventually I came out on a DJI Spark, but once I saw the little drone in realise I started to doubt again (it gets windy here in the flat country lands). Finally after see the Mavic Air I was sure, this will be the one, a nice black Mavic Air with the Fly More combo pack.

The first flight was scary, even after double check - read - see multiple instructions (video's). On a open field with the propeller-guards on I was ready to go. I was very surprised with the easy handling and controls of the Mavic Air! Never thought that drone flying could be that easy and so much fun!

After two days of flying multiple batteries totally empty, I was ready to remove the guards. Without the guards the Mavic Air steers zo much smoother, unbelievable. I'm glad that I made the decision for the more expensive Mavic Air, it's really stable even with more wind, I love the features on it and it's compact enough to take it with me on motorcycle trips.

I only have some stubble with the camera settings, can't get it right and to much light in the images. I see something about ND filters but really don't know which ones are best to use.

Reactions: zwt100 and dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. Feel free to join in the discussions and ask anything about Mavics that comes to mind. We are here to help and learn.

Best regards,

Rob

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup
**You can look for other local flyers here - Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers

Hiya all,

As my nickname states, I'm from Holland (I did see some others from my country too :) )and never had the experience to fly a drone before. After months of research and watching video's I was sure to get a drone.

First I was thinking about a cheap one to try it out, but in my search all of the cheaper drone's was missing something. But eventually I came out on a DJI Spark, but once I saw the little drone in realise I started to doubt again (it gets windy here in the flat country lands). Finally after see the Mavic Air I was sure, this will be the one, a nice black Mavic Air with the Fly More combo pack.

The first flight was scary, even after double check - read - see multiple instructions (video's). On a open field with the propeller-guards on I was ready to go. I was very surprised with the easy handling and controls of the Mavic Air! Never thought that drone flying could be that easy and so much fun!

After two days of flying multiple batteries totally empty, I was ready to remove the guards. Without the guards the Mavic Air steers zo much smoother, unbelievable. I'm glad that I made the decision for the more expensive Mavic Air, it's really stable even with more wind, I love the features on it and it's compact enough to take it with me on motorcycle trips.

I only have some stubble with the camera settings, can't get it right and to much light in the images. I see something about ND filters but really don't know which ones are best to use.
Howdy from Wyoming @Dutch_Dress , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome. I too am fairly new to the drone world. Like you I settled on the Mavic Air and am completely satisfied with my purchase. It is easy to fly for the beginner, but also loaded with features that many of it's big brothers have.

I am by no means an expert, and am learning as I go. From what I have read ND filter serve one purpose. That is to be able to use a consistant and slower shutter speed in order to capture motion blur in cinimatic videos. There is a vast amount of knowledge on this board along with You Tube. One reference that I have gone to frequently is from "Drone Film Guide". Here is the link to an explanation to ND filters.
. Hope that helps and happy flying!

Reactions: Dutch_Dress
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy