DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone

Icom102

Reactions
Im in the market for a Drone I got a lend of a Mavic Air to try out seemed ok but keep getting a lot of connection issues and the drone is not even very far away which I believe is down to the use of WiFI would yous suggest something like the Mavic Pro ?

welcome to the forum,any of the mavic series with occusync would be ok or you could wait till the the new mavic air 2 is released

Hi thanks
When is the new Mavic Air out will it have Wifi or Occusync?
supposedly the beginning of next month ,and yes it is supposed to have occusync

Im in the market for a Drone I got a lend of a Mavic Air to try out seemed ok but keep getting a lot of connection issues and the drone is not even very far away which I believe is down to the use of WiFI would yous suggest something like the Mavic Pro ?
Hi I have the Same issue with my mavic air lots of lag and picture freezing on my tablet and phone. I still use it as its lots of fun and fast. I switched to a movic pro alpine white with no issues but I wanted more and got a platanum and just as good with 3 plus miles with no lag.

Sounds good will there be any other models coming out like a new Phantom
only answer i can give you to that is (how long is a piece of string) somehow think a new phantom,is not very likely for a long time

Hi I have the Same issue with my mavic air lots of lag and picture freezing on my tablet and phone. I still use it as its lots of fun and fast. I switched to a movic pro alpine white with no issues but I wanted more and got a platanum and just as good with 3 plus miles with no lag.
Thats what mine is doing I guess you need to be in a clear area

IN what way would the 2 Pro be better ?
The mavic 2 pro camera is currently the best in the mavic lineup. However, we don't know yet what the mavic air 2 camera is going to be. We'll find out in a week or so. I have the mavic 2 zoom and like it a lot. But the low light performance on the mavic 2 pro is better due to the 1" sensor size. In my case I don't do much low light work, so I like the zoom feature. As I said, we don't know what features the mavic air 2 is going to have.

The mavic 2 pro camera is currently the best in the mavic lineup. However, we don't know yet what the mavic air 2 camera is going to be. We'll find out in a week or so. I have the mavic 2 zoom and like it a lot. But the low light performance on the mavic 2 pro is better due to the 1" sensor size. In my case I don't do much low light work, so I like the zoom feature. As I said, we don't know what features the mavic air 2 is going to have.
Looking forward to see what it gets I wonder why they only updating the Air the other ones have been out longer

Looking forward to see what it gets I wonder why they only updating the Air the other ones have been out longer
@Icom102 the main reason i feel for not updating the phantom line up is because the design and the capabilities it displays, have for the most part been developed enough for the general consumer market ,and some overlap into the prosumer market as well and its iconic shape has been copied by so many other manufactures ,there is also the fact that portability that the folding design of the mavic family of drones has given consumers, is more in keeping with what people want ,that does not mean that the phantom name could not be used in future, but it would probably be a total departure design wise, from what we all know as a phantom

Reactions: KB9Radio
@Icom102 the main reason i feel for not updating the phantom line up is because the design and the capabilities it displays, have for the most part been developed enough for the general consumer market ,and some overlap into the prosumer market as well and its iconic shape has been copied by so many other manufactures ,there is also the fact that portability that the folding design of the mavic family of drones has given consumers, is more in keeping with what people want ,that does not mean that the phantom name could not be used in future, but it would probably be a total departure design wise, from what we all know as a phantom
The phantom looks cool but the others are more user-friendly as in for transport

IN what way would the 2 Pro be better ?

Photos mostly, M2P is all over the rest of the DJI range, if you want the best photos, get that if the $ aren't an issue.

Video is reasonably close, especially if the new Air 2 has 4k (existing Air is 2.7k), but even 1080 on these drones is fine for most peoples needs.

Icom102 Are you still looking? I have a Mavic Pro with flymore kit and extras for sale. It's unmarked and flies great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird