DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New East Tennessee Owner

RandomGuy

Reactions
Greeting from the foothills of the Smoky Mountains! I've been wanting a good camera drone for a few years now, but just never pulled the trigger. What I didn't know was that the Wife had been paying attention to all my research and surprised me with a Mavic Air 2 fly more combo as my Christmas Gift.

I have some (dated) experience in full-scale aircraft, and have flown R/C gliders and sailplanes, but this is my first venture into drones, so I am truly appreciative of the obstacle sensors as East Tennessee is home to millions of hungry trees.

Happily, we just happen to have a couple of wide-open parks nearby and I've been practicing manual landings as well as becoming familiar with the RTH function. So far I've managed to not hit anything but one of the local hawks did give me a start by stooping at it when I apparently encroached in her territory!

I have a lot to learn about this machine, and the entire drone "hobby", especially on the photography/videography side, so I'm grateful for such an actively helpful forum. I'm currently trying to decide on some video editing software, and beyond that, wondering if the Wife would notice the addition of a Mini 2 in a few months....

Fly safe!

QIX6oIym.jpg
IuNc3Emm.jpg
m64OBXCm.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum and the addiction from the other side of the Smokies!!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland RandomGuy.

So far it's looking good.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome. I love the Smoky Mountains. Also, I‘m sure you realize that you have a keeper, both the wife and the drone.
Thank you. The mountains called me home after a few years of wandering. And my Scots-Irish redheaded wife is the very definition of a keeper!

Welcome, also not too far from you as well. We are in the mountains all the time with our motorcycle. New to the group for a couple of weeks now. A lot to learn!
As much as I enjoyed traveling and living in different areas, the mountains just kept calling me back. Add in the fact that some of the best roads are up here as well, and it might not be Heaven, but it will do!

BzxMXmqm.jpg

VLU9kirm.jpg

4SkPVuNm.jpg

qPoWwYMm.jpg

tW0zcO7m.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member