DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Edit Villages Reel: Any feedback is welcome

DiscoverSpain

Reactions
Site
discoverspainvideo.wordpress.com
I decided to re-edit the video with a different song after reading comments about the music and images not matching.

Hopefully this version is more to your liking

Previous version is this

And original post here

As always, any comments, criticisms, suggestions, ideas, ...etc. are welcome.

Thanks in advanced!

I decided to re-edit the video with a different song after reading comments about the music and images not matching.

Previous version is this

And original post here

Thanks in advanced!
I loved it, excellent work.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Very well done. Thanks for posting this. I am making my first trip to Spain next month and really looking forward to it. It is my understanding that drone use is heavily regulated there even for a mini, so I plan to leave it home.

I think this was much more pleasant and matched the Rythym better of the flight and back grounds you were showing. Its a very improved version.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water.
I am very glad that this is the case. There is nothing like asking.

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch the videos and comment!

Both beautiful! What camera do you use for non-drone shots?
If you had to choose between the two videos, which one would you choose?

In the video you can see images from various cameras: from a first generation DJI Osmo Pocket, to a Panasonic Lumix S5 which is the one I use now.

Thanks!

Very well done. Thanks for posting this. I am making my first trip to Spain next month and really looking forward to it. It is my understanding that drone use is heavily regulated there even for a mini, so I plan to leave it home.
You are right, you have to register as a drone operator, register the drone, pass the drone operator licence exam and insure the drone. The only good thing is that it is valid throughout the EU.

On the other hand, flying drones is strictly prosecuted and the fines can be absurdly high.

The choice is yours. If you decide to bring the drone and fly it, I'll look for a post where we talked about the requirements, sources of information, links to fly in Spain / EU.

Thanks for comment and cheers!

If you had to choose between the two videos, which one would you choose?

In the video you can see images from various cameras: from a first generation DJI Osmo Pocket, to a Panasonic Lumix S5 which is the one I use now.

Thanks!
I would choose the first one only because of the length of clips used. You have captured some beautiful and interesting images and I appreciate having the time to absorb each shot a little better.

Previous version is this

And original post here

Thanks in advanced
It looks and sounds awesome! Great Job!

I would choose the first one only because of the length of clips used. You have captured some beautiful and interesting images and I appreciate having the time to absorb each shot a little better.
Thank you for replying and your nice comment on the video!

Previous version is this

And original post here

Thanks in advanced!
I just watched your latest edit. You've got some beautiful footage there and some great drone shots. The color balance, contrast, etc. look great. Composition and drone moves are smooth. I like the occasional ground-based shots, and the constant panning in every shot. The music works for me.

What I yearned for was some live action street scenes where you picked up the local audio, people, more of what it's like on the ground. You'd have to drop the volume for the the music for those scenes though.

Maybe it's because I've been flying FPV a lot lately, but you had some fabulous opportunities for FPV flight in there - I think that would have looked good in some parts.

I would like to have seen more shots that go from close up to far away or visa versa.

Towards the end you sync'd the scene changes better with the music than at the beginning.

At the highest level, can you say in words what story you want to tell with this video?

I just watched your latest edit. You've got some beautiful footage there and some great drone shots. The color balance, contrast, etc. look great. Composition and drone moves are smooth. I like the occasional ground-based shots, and the constant panning in every shot. The music works for me.

What I yearned for was some live action street scenes where you picked up the local audio, people, more of what it's like on the ground. You'd have to drop the volume for the the music for those scenes though.

Maybe it's because I've been flying FPV a lot lately, but you had some fabulous opportunities for FPV flight in there - I think that would have looked good in some parts.

I would like to have seen more shots that go from close up to far away or visa versa.

Towards the end you sync'd the scene changes better with the music than at the beginning.

At the highest level, can you say in words what story you want to tell with this video?
First of all, thank you for taking the time to watch the video and write the helpful comments.

In general, I try to avoid people in my videos, unless I can't, and have no choice but to integrate them into the scene, or unless a scene with people catches my eye (which doesn't usually happen). In fact, in this video, compared to what I normally do, there are many scenes with people.

Regarding the FPV flight, I agree with you, it would have looked good in the video but you have to choose which "gadgets" to buy and carry with you: carrying a normal drone, a camera body, lenses and ND filters is already complicated. In fact, I rarely take with me everything I'd like to take with me.

The scenes going from close up to far away, with a drone are impossible unless you speed up the footage, which would condition the style of the video completely, and with a handheld camera, it is difficult to find the frame from inside a city / town and would have forced me to carry a tripod to stabilize the zoom in / zoom out scene.

With the synchronisation of the music with the images, you are right, there are moments in the video that feel forced to put more scenes in.

My videos don't try to tell a story: that's why there is no narrative or text giving information about the places that appear. Think of them as a way of showing beautiful places.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Dangerly
First of all, thank you for taking the time to watch the video and write the helpful comments.

In general, I try to avoid people in my videos, unless I can't, and have no choice but to integrate them into the scene, or unless a scene with people catches my eye (which doesn't usually happen). In fact, in this video, compared to what I normally do, there are many scenes with people.

Regarding the FPV flight, I agree with you, it would have looked good in the video but you have to choose which "gadgets" to buy and carry with you: carrying a normal drone, a camera body, lenses and ND filters is already complicated. In fact, I rarely take with me everything I'd like to take with me.

The scenes going from close up to far away, with a drone are impossible unless you speed up the footage, which would condition the style of the video completely, and with a handheld camera, it is difficult to find the frame from inside a city / town and would have forced me to carry a tripod to stabilize the zoom in / zoom out scene.

With the synchronisation of the music with the images, you are right, there are moments in the video that feel forced to put more scenes in.

My videos don't try to tell a story: that's why there is no narrative or text giving information about the places that appear. Think of them as a way of showing beautiful places.

Thank you very much!

Most of the Mavic drones can fly in an FPV mode, so you could get that effect even though it's not a real FPV.

Yes, speed ramping really helps with the close up / far away thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne