DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Villages Reel: Any feedback is welcome

Looks like you rotated the clip at roughly :29 but didn't get the crop to fully cut out the missing edges? And most of the clips seemed just a hair too short. Otherwise, looks great as usual.

What did you do to make the location popups? Did you use a plugin or make that yourself?

I second the comment about the music, it didn't quite fit the footage. It was more for a whirlwind tour of Ireland. I didn't mind the fast cuts so much since I see you're trying to fit a lot of very good footage into a shorter video. Being Spain, I wouldn't have been opposed to fast-paced flamenco guitar to accomplish the same thing...predictable I know but since you are "DiscoverSpain" it would've made more sense in my mind.
The only other comment (opinion) I have is that some of the shots could do with a slight bit more contrast (unless that's a look that you've established for yourself). That's only MY opinion however. Everything was well exposed and shot and no sign of too high a shutter speed that effects so much other stuff I've seen. That's just being nit picky if I'm honest but it's only because you've asked.

I am no expert but I am one who does not care if the video is 4 1/2 minutes long and not the 3 that everyone seems to want on YOU TUBE. Some shots were a bit too short. You had a lot of terrific footage so its hard to cut it down. Just my opinion. Was excellent video thou.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Looks like you rotated the clip at roughly :29 but didn't get the crop to fully cut out the missing edges? And most of the clips seemed just a hair too short. Otherwise, looks great as usual.

What did you do to make the location popups? Did you use a plugin or make that yourself?

I've been checking the clip at 0.29 and the adjacent ones: none of them are rotated but thanks for the warning as it sometimes happens.

For the popups / titles, I've used standard Davinci Resolve ones.

Thanks a lot for your comments!

I second the comment about the music, it didn't quite fit the footage. It was more for a whirlwind tour of Ireland. I didn't mind the fast cuts so much since I see you're trying to fit a lot of very good footage into a shorter video. Being Spain, I wouldn't have been opposed to fast-paced flamenco guitar to accomplish the same thing...predictable I know but since you are "DiscoverSpain" it would've made more sense in my mind.
The only other comment (opinion) I have is that some of the shots could do with a slight bit more contrast (unless that's a look that you've established for yourself). That's only MY opinion however. Everything was well exposed and shot and no sign of too high a shutter speed that effects so much other stuff I've seen. That's just being nit picky if I'm honest but it's only because you've asked.

As this is not the first comment about the music and images not matching, I am going to re-edit the video with different music. I hope to be more successful this time. About editing it with flamenco music / guitar, I've already done it in other videos, I don't feel like doing it in this one.

I'll check what you said about the contrast in some scenes.

Thank you very much for your time to watch the video and comment!

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I am no expert but I am one who does not care if the video is 4 1/2 minutes long and not the 3 that everyone seems to want on YOU TUBE. Some shots were a bit too short. You had a lot of terrific footage so its hard to cut it down. Just my opinion. Was excellent video thou.

In all honesty and respect: I don't really care what the YouTube standards are for the length of a video and, on the other hand, I don't expect this video to have more than a few hundred views.

What I do care about are the comments that the music and images don't fit together and that the scene changes are too fast. So, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to re-edit the video with different music.

Thank you very much for your feedback on the video!

You are absolutely right. That hurts the eyes! I don't know how I missed it, although I was deliberately looking for it, in the clip you indicated.

By the way, did you watch the new edition with different music? I hope you like it better. You have it here

Thank you very much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas