DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware - battery gone bye bye

Steve73

Reactions
Most recent firmware update appears to have borked my mavic - seems to think no battery attached (cannot take off ). Anyone any ideas? Trying to roll back firmware via dji assistant but it continually thinks there's less than 50% power so it just refuses to install once its downloaded...d'oh. Could lichi get around this? Its doing my head in as I'm down in the wild west of ireland and the scenery is amazing. Have two batteries, neither work...its not the -2 led- issue and it's not the "battery authentication error" I've seen someone else have recently...its "battery signal error"

Hi Steve,

Did you ever get that sorted out? I hope it didn't ruin your vacation, but if you found a way to resolve it, your experience would probably benefit others.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi there, unfortunately the issue was a "power board failure" according to DJI themselves. Pity about the timing! But I imagine if repeated updates via assistant and firmware rollbacks don't work (like in my case) over multiple batteries then a support ticket is in order. My mavic was just in warranty and they got it to the netherlands via ups in 24 hours and coming back tomorrow, so that part of the process actually worked well. Fair play to DJI for that. It seems the firmware upgrade may have been coincidental and the power board problem might have popped up at the same time..who knows?

Reactions: hherbson
Hi there, unfortunately the issue was a "power board failure" according to DJI themselves. Pity about the timing! But I imagine if repeated updates via assistant and firmware rollbacks don't work (like in my case) over multiple batteries then a support ticket is in order. My mavic was just in warranty and they got it to the netherlands via ups in 24 hours and coming back tomorrow, so that part of the process actually worked well. Fair play to DJI for that. It seems the firmware upgrade may have been coincidental and the power board problem might have popped up at the same time..who knows?
I’m having the same problem, no battery signal, but it’s only on one of three batteries. Did anyone ever find a way to resolve this?

Hi, I experienced similar kind of problem with one of my batteries. Battery was fully loaded, but the charger did show "Red light" after charging (did not understand why, as all the 4 batteries were normally full). I tried to use all of them but remote control gave warning "Cannot fly" for this one battery. When checking why, remote control informed "Battery signal error". Tried to switch on-off several times, no affect and the warning remains.
Now I did left the drone on with the battery on and discharged it to min and tried to charge it again, but charger did not want to charge it anymore and shows "red light" right away. My all other batteries have been charged basically all the time at the same time and they do not have anything similar with this one. Really wondering what has caused this and how this can happen, battery was pretty new, purchased 2 months ago and loaded for 14 times. According to Airdata UAV usage trends between all my batteries were the same.
If somebody have any advice to go around this, please tell.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82