DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for DJI Mavic 2 series ( Official M2P Firmware Update Thread )

This is all I see in there but on my pad at moment. Didn’t read it. Updating DJI Smart Controller
Yeah, the SC updates fine to the current controller version (0530).
It's the GO4 app version for the SC that lags behind (currently v4.3.16).
Several of the new features require GO4 v4.3.24
Will have to wait to experience these new features.

Download is stuck at 99%
Anyone had this problem?
Happened to me twice. Then moved my USB cable from USB3 to USB2 and it went fine.

Reactions: lilewis
Not understanding this "* Added altitude display to video captions." in the release notes, what do they mean?

I use the crystal sky monitor. Should I still update my mavic 2 to this even tho is not on the newest DJI GO4 app?
Same issue with Smart Controllers. I would and I did, as some of the new features don't seem to require GO 4 v4.3.24.

What’s New?
  • Added battery mounting detection. Aircraft is unable to take off if the Intelligent Flight Battery is not mounted correctly. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
  • Added altitude display to video captions.
  • Optimized auto discharging function for the Intelligent Flight Battery. Added ability to set when auto discharge will begin. The default setting is five days. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
  • Improved obstacle detection accuracy.
  • Improved accuracy of altitude for Exif photos.
  • Optimized Waypoints.

Reactions: JS1600
Happened to me twice. Then moved my USB cable from USB3 to USB2 and it went fine.
Ahhh I've been stuck at 99% for 25 minutes. Afraid to brick the drone if I do anything including changing from usb3 to usb2 now.

Did you just move the usb without shutting anything down first? Computer? Drone?

Right now I hear the MP2 powering up and down still. 25% of the full battery used already on this update.

UPdate: I shut down assistant 2, changed the usb from 3 to 2 and the update was successful. Put in a new battery and checked update assistant 2 again and it said it needed to update the drone again. Doing it now. Very confusing.
I never would have guessed USB3 was a problem for an update.

Another update: After finally successfully updating the drone I attached the controller (USB2) to the computer and opened assistant 2. I ran the update and it said it would take 15 min. It quickly downloaded, then said the update was complete. Seemed too fast so I turned off the controller then back on again ran assistant 2 again. Again it said I needed too update so I did with the same quick download and said the update was completed.

Confusing messages. I always get nervous on firmware upgrades!

Final update.. I don't have the smart controller.. only the original controller which probably explains why I can't do the latest SC update... DUHH

Last edited:
Reactions: Northbound
SC here. I just checked and my Zoom says xxx.400 firmware and it is UP-TO-DATE???? I did press UPDATE check!
Updated
AC: .0510
SC: .0530
GO4 (for SC): 4.3.16

Reactions: ff22
I just updated mine and it’s asking for a Chinese phone number to activate the app. Has anyone have a idea Got to fix this ? I am using a iPhone and a iPad mini and it’s the same on both . I deleted the app fully by unloading from the phone in the settings but it’s the same still .

Reactions: nd4wmike
I just updated mine and it’s asking for a Chinese phone number to activate the app. Has anyone have a idea Got to fix this ? I am using a iPhone and a iPad mini and it’s the same on both . I deleted the app fully by unloading from the phone in the settings but it’s the same still .
I am getting same thing after the 510 updated . Another member in the Air forum here reports the same thing .
I have never seen this popup on my Air , Pro or 2 Pro .
You can't complete what it wants , and you can't ignore/cancel , so you can't go into Go 4 to fly .
This gets fixed soon I hope .
Mike

I will try again after the gym! (g)

So you did use the SC to perform the update, not the computer route?
For the M2: AC USB port to computer's USB2 via cable using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v 2.0.8 (be sure it's this version).
Same procedure for updating the SC's firmware.

Have fun at the gym. I would work out too if I could do it without perspiring or breathing hard...

I am getting same thing after the 510 updated . Another member in the Air forum here reports the same thing .
You can't complete what it wants , and you can't ignore/cancel , so you can't go into Go 4 to fly .
Mike

Well, that I'm kind of glad that mine won't update. I just tried again and again said xxx.400 is latest firmware. I know the SC has wifi since I just downloaded a map to use offline.

I really hope this is about getting rid of the jerky panning while flying waypoints. It has been reported that this is actually the case and it now flies like butter. I can't wait to test myself. This is great news if that is true!!
I do see a big difference in the AC flying
Download is stuck at 99%
Anyone had this problem?
mine stalled at 99% but I had patience this time . It finished up after waiting 5 min or so.

For the M2: AC USB port to computer's USB2 via cable using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v 2.0.8 (be sure it's this version).
Same procedure for updating the SC's firmware.

Have fun at the gym. I would work out too if I could do it without perspiring or breathing hard...
Uhhhhhhhhhh.... that's the purpose of the gym (g) It helps keep me in shape for breathing even harder on the bicycle and hiking trails.

Well, did not work with wif as I just tried again. But reading about requiring some Chinese phone number might mean I put this off.

Reactions: PAW
Mike

I managed to fix mine don’t know how I did it

I did see map cache in the menu in photo so I enabled this and then went for a firmware downgrade on the main screen

There’s 3 ... at top right on the main screen, hold for 10 secs gives you option to downgrade . I just clicked to download latest firmware again and didn’t install instead closed the app and opened it back up and it’s been ok since . Just when you use a new battery it’ll come up with a inconsistent message

I not downgraded so I don’t know if it will work but would imagine it would

6f882d5d31e44e309a2f38a753e143ac.jpg
73732e6805c5739432260a76f8c11303.jpg
dc7b6bceabd96c12a4799afc44212f1b.jpg

Well, I just started the update using Assistant/computer. We shall see....

Well, it certainly is not racing. Downloading at ZERO progress.

Nothing happening after 15 minutes.

Trying another cable. And restarted Assistant.

Last edited:
you can add a 'video captions' stream to your video. when enabled the video will contain a srt file (subtitle) displaying gps/altitude and more. it can be played back with a video player like vlc :)
Thats kinda cool, Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143