DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for M2 P-2.01.00.0790 Why?

PHZ

Reactions
Went to fly my M2 Pro last week and got the message there was new firmware available. Version 2.01.00.0790. Anyone have a clue as to what this brings or deletes? Very nervous about updating a perfectly working M2 Pro.

Reactions: Tashmoo
See more details here:

Overview:

• Date: 2023.01.11
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0300
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.1

What’s New

• Optimized the flight recorder.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.
Read More

Nobody knows. DJI will not tell you.
Don't update unless you know the update will fix some problems you have.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Nobody knows. DJI will not tell you.
Don't update unless you know the update will fix some problems you have.
That is not true and is poor information. You can read from DJI Forum

Overview:

• Date: 2023.01.11
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0300
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.1

What’s New

• Optimized the flight recorder.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.
Read More
These are notes for the latest DJI RC firmware release, right?

The link you provide is for DJI RC, not Mavic 2 Pro.
I have not seen any description on the .0790 firmware for M2 Pro. Dji says "optimized flight safety", which is the same as saying nothing.
My bad. You are correct. I will search further

Reactions: GFields
Went to fly my M2 Pro last week and got the message there was new firmware available. Version 2.01.00.0790. Anyone have a clue as to what this brings or deletes? Very nervous about updating a perfectly working M2 Pro.
I have two M2 Pros (and one Zoom), running the previous firmware (.0770). Like yours, they are working perfectly and are very reliable. I will not update, that is based on the saying "if it ain't broken don't fix it".
And unfortunately some updates from DJI has solved one problem and caused two others. And I am sceptical that DJI will not tell us what that update changes. It may work well, but I will not risk it when I have a drone I trust.

Reactions: Tashmoo
I have two M2 Pros (and one Zoom), running the previous firmware (.0770). Like yours, they are working perfectly and are very reliable. I will not update, that is based on the saying "if it ain't broken don't fix it".
And unfortunately some updates from DJI has solved one problem and caused two others. And I am sceptical that DJI will not tell us what that update changes. It may work well, but I will not risk it when I have a drone I trust.
Updating firmware is up to the individual user/pilot. Personally, as a Part 107 pilot, I keep the firmware updated on my fleet. One could make the argument that maintaining your sUAS (aircraft) would include keeping everything up to date (including firmware). If in the event one of my drones is involved in an accident, I wouldn't want the FAA to question my maintenance records.

Reactions: Ranger
I still have the original Mavic Pro. I forget what firmware version it has but it's the one where DJI doesn't have geo-fencing so as long as I'm good with LAANCE I'm good with flying it. I've been in situations where I can't fly my Air 2 but I can with the Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Lespaxvera
I still have the original Mavic Pro. I forget what firmware version it has but it's the one where DJI doesn't have geo-fencing so as long as I'm good with LAANCE I'm good with flying it. I've been in situations where I can't fly my Air 2 but I can with the Mavic Pro.
Geofencing is the main reason I paid for Drone-Hacks licence. I just hate it, sometimes it will not let me take off where it is legal to fly, and other times it alllows me to fly where it is strictly forbidden (military installations). So I removed geofencing and I check beforehand if it is legal to fly where I have planned.
According to DH, their NFZ removal still works on the latest firmware .0790 for M2Pro/Zoom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98