DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware mavic air

holenderski

Reactions
The new firmware is out:)

fcc hack i don.t know.
in the afternoon make a few flights with a lot of wind 4 beaufort i had more video lags in the video on my phone but in de film self everthing ok. Also in flight obstacle avoidance that it was off in flight because of hi-speed i was in normal mode not sport-mode.
Also it looks like the drone make more noise than before.

firmware .500 and dji go 4 4.3.2 on android 8.0.0

I’m avoiding, for now at least. My MA hasn’t had any issues, and I’ve just taken it from home in the uk, into Europe and then through Africa - flown it all over the place without any problems.

Reactions: NAVMAV and JDawg
Video lag was VERY bad after update. Went right back to .400
I don’t think it’s just me on this one. iPad mini 4 if it matters.

3 full batteries worth of flying with .0500 FW this evening...

...flew perfectly!

Went out to 1000m with completely stable video feed
Hovered without any drift
Several auto flight functions tested
No disconnections at any time

Combined Function key & gimbal wheel controls exposure setting - very useful!

I've taken the drone out for several test flights since the firmware update. Every time I tried to fly it more than about 1,000 feet horizontally (and about 330 feet up), the signal has been lost and the drone has begun an RTH. As the drone began its return, the signal was re-established and the drone returned to normal. This happened twice yesterday, when I made the first test flights after the firmware update. I've flown pretty much this exact same route literally dozens of times, and never experienced a lost signal before the firmware update.

I tried another test flight today. Same location, same conditions as before.

I flew the drone up to about 330 feet, then tested how far horizontally I could fly it. It got to 1,080 feet (not meters) in horizontal distance, then the remote announced "Signal Lost - Returning to Home" or something very similar. After maybe 30 seconds, the drone and remote reconnected, and the drone performed an RTH. Viewing the flight log afterward, I saw that the reconnection occurred at a distance of about 900 feet.

I also received a very brief "Strong Aircraft Interference" warning with the drone about 330 feet up and 500 feet distant, with nothing at all (not even trees) nearby, but that disappeared after a second or so.

Before the firmware update, I was easily able to fly the drone three times farther than that horizontally, from the same location. Now it consistently loses signal at about 1,000 feet.

I can no longer trust the drone to go more than about 1,000 feet away without risking losing the signal. This has happened all three times I've tried flying it that far away.

Larry

I updated this morning and flew 2 batteries. Everything worked as before, no issues. I would have flown more but this pesky thing called work made me stop.

Reactions: Schnauzergeek
Do I need to update all batteries or is this firmware 0.500 inside the drone?

Yes. The FCC in Europe (uk) still works. Didn't have to do anything. The option to ok or cancel thing came up just as before.

I've taken the drone out for several test flights since the firmware update. Every time I tried to fly it more than about 1,000 feet horizontally (and about 330 feet up), the signal has been lost and the drone has begun an RTH. As the drone began its return, the signal was re-established and the drone returned to normal. This happened twice yesterday, when I made the first test flights after the firmware update. I've flown pretty much this exact same route literally dozens of times, and never experienced a lost signal before the firmware update.

I tried another test flight today. Same location, same conditions as before.

I flew the drone up to about 330 feet, then tested how far horizontally I could fly it. It got to 1,080 feet (not meters) in horizontal distance, then the remote announced "Signal Lost - Returning to Home" or something very similar. After maybe 30 seconds, the drone and remote reconnected, and the drone performed an RTH. Viewing the flight log afterward, I saw that the reconnection occurred at a distance of about 900 feet.

I also received a very brief "Strong Aircraft Interference" warning with the drone about 330 feet up and 500 feet distant, with nothing at all (not even trees) nearby, but that disappeared after a second or so.

Before the firmware update, I was easily able to fly the drone three times farther than that horizontally, from the same location. Now it consistently loses signal at about 1,000 feet.

I can no longer trust the drone to go more than about 1,000 feet away without risking losing the signal. This has happened all three times I've tried flying it that far away.

Larry

By chance did you get bumped into CE mode? It would behave like that if you were.

It's also possible something in the area is legitimately causing interference, even if it wasn't before. You could also roll back to 4.XX and see if you experience in the same areas to confirm.

By chance did you get bumped into CE mode? It would behave like that if you were.

It's also possible something in the area is legitimately causing interference, even if it wasn't before. You could also roll back to 4.XX and see if you experience in the same areas to confirm.

I'm more or less a newbie when it comes to drone flying, so please forgive the dumb questions:

1. How does one determine which mode the system is in? The setting I'm using is (presumably) the same one that the drone came with (I bought from an American firm for use in the United States), and I've never even seen that setting in the options menus.
  2. I'm not at all prone to rolling back the firmware, for a variety of good reasons.This is true for my PCs (Windows Updates) and my drone. The firmware for both the drone and the remote control were updated in one session (in that order). Wouldn't I be nagged about the old firmware every time I fired up the drone and/or the remote?
  3. How would I know which one I would need to roll back, the drone or remote control firmware?
  4. In case I lose my mind and decide I have to roll back the firmware , is there a step-by-step guide to doing it? One that doesn't include the threat of bricking the drone or the hardware? :)
Larry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123