DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware released for SmartController - v01.00.0530

Two questions: 1. I successfully updated the Smart Controller to Verizon ...0530. Yet every time I turn on the controller it prompts me to upgrade to .0530. Any idea why?
2. How do I update Go4? I’m an iOS user and have no idea how to do this on Android. I assume it’s on the Google Play Store but have no idea how to get it or upgrade. After updating the controller I’m still on version 4.3.14, and the new is 4.3 16.

Hi

I do not think you updated your SC
Because this update must automatically update GO 4 to latest version
To verify if you updated your SC
Please go to settings and check if firmware is 0530

Hi

I do not think you updated your SC
Because this update must automatically update GO 4 to latest version
To verify if you updated your SC
Please go to settings and check if firmware is 0530
43FCB3E7-C203-479E-89D0-BC7FFCFD919D.jpeg

Finally got mine to update. I think the problem was firstly that I couldn’t update assistant 2, DJI suggested I use a different browser, (safari instead of Firefox) and sure enough , safari showed the latest version v 2.0.8. Then I updated the SC following the directions in the manual and it worked. But it is interesting the SC firmware download did halt twice. I clicked retry and it continued from where it left off. I have a very good internet connection, so I’m not sure why this happens. But after 100% had downloaded it transferred and updated normally. I think it’s a good idea to set the SC sleep setting to 30 mins as the whole update took at least 20 mins.

It took a while but never stopped. There are two steps, the download and the installation. Both proceeded normally. There is a YouTube video from DJI Support showing the upgrade, either from the controller or with Assistant.

Actually, if I recall there was a third middle step: TRANSMITTING.

ad54d3718f5feba6ade2d78fbe535fdd.jpg

For the moment locked on this screen for about 10 min
When I got this same thing, I just unplugged, powered off, then followed the instructions exactly as in the SC manual. The key one, for me, was when Assistant 2 came up, there was a button that said Smart Controller on it. When you click on that you get a page that shows the firmware on your SC and the new version. When you click the new version, you're asked if you want to update. When you say yes, it all works.

just got through with updating SC to fw .530. I used wifi connection, with sd card installed. 1st try installed without a hitch, I did get "worried" several times as the process seemed to "hang-up" for a bit but I just waited it out and success.

Reactions: W2EJ
ff22 is correct, there are three steps, download, transmitting (transferring to the SC) and upgrading on the SC itself. The SC reboots at the end and Assistant 2 states "Complete". It took over 15 mins

The weird thing is that mine said complete, but I was puzzled about how to update Go4, and then saw reference to the fact that it should have updated during the process, but, as my screenshot shows, it didn't. I wish I had seen @Greg6032's post a few minutes earlier, because I'm partway through the entire process again. It's downloaded, transmitted, and now going through installation.

The weird thing is that mine said complete, but I was puzzled about how to update Go4, and then saw reference to the fact that it should have updated during the process, but, as my screenshot shows, it didn't. I wish I had seen @Greg6032's post a few minutes earlier, because I'm partway through the entire process again. It's downloaded, transmitted, and now going through installation.
Success!

In my case, as soon as I clicked on the Go 4 App, it updated, seems to be a seperate operation.

just got through with updating SC to fw .530. I used wifi connection, with sd card installed. 1st try installed without a hitch, I did get "worried" several times as the process seemed to "hang-up" for a bit but I just waited it out and success.

hey RW - a couple of questions if possible:
-- what was the wifi network? home internet and provider or cell hotspot?
-- if home is it an ISP provided router/modem?
-- did you use 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz wifi?
-- WPA2 protocol or WPA+WPA2 PSK protocol? (you'd need to be able to sign into your router to see this)
-- lastly can you do a speedtest (www.speedtest.net) and provide the results?

i know that's a lot to ask but my wifi install was also flawless and i think there's something in the wifi environment people are doing it in, and that includes their laptop/PC running Assistant2, here's my results:
-- Home Internet AT&T fiber "up to" 1k up/down speed
-- purchased Modem Nighthawk x10
-- 2.4ghz (my controller won't see my 5.8 which is interesting as it communicates to the drone in 5.8k)
-- WPA +WPA2 PSK - unfortunately i have home automation devices that needs the older encryption/protocol(WPA)
-- 53mbps down and 65mbps up (running the WPA dramatically reduces your throughput)

Hi Guys

I installed my update on SC in
10-15 min with no any problems
At all
But when I read all posts above
People try to install firmware
In different ways and they can’t
And we are talking about same SC
So may be problem in configuration of each SC
Can some one try to do muster reset Of SC and install firmware after that?

That's what I said, do a data reset.

Thanks Lon for getting back with me. I have a windows 10 computer BUT my internet connection is NOT the best too say the least, BUT if I am the only person on and do not have a ton of pages open I do manage. I live up in the mountains of western North Carolina and a bit out of town which means there is not to much infrastructure been installed out our way. BUT that being said I have had ALL the updates prior too this one that have had NO issues and used the controller to do the updates VIA WIFI and all went well. This is the FIRST firmware that I have had an issue. I did as you have written, have the latest assistant 2,and as well used the same cable that came with the controller,(same one I charge with) and 4th, data reset the controller. NOT quite sure what you are referring too with this statement, can you give me more advice as too what you mean by that ? NOT quite sure about just what and how to reset the controller, do you mean to reboot the controller? Again appreciate your time and patience, with my lack of knowledge. Lon, do you feel even with my slow internet connection the firmware should still work? I do get it too download but as I had mentioned in my previous post It never updated. Oh yeah Lon, about USB 2.0 do you feel that is an Issue,? I have been using 3.0 also what's this about an SD card, I had NO idea there is an SD card in or on the controller, only SD card I have is in the Drone. I think I will TRY to connect VIA back of the computer as you suggest for my usb connection. Thanks again for your time and sharing knowledge, keep your fingers crossed. Bill

You can install a sd card in the Smart Controller. If you haven't installed one, don't worry about it.

In the settings, it's called "Factory Data Reset". I suggest you do it at this point.

The DJI Assistant 2 program has been updated. You need to uninstall the old version, look up the new version on the DJI website and install it.

USB 2.0 or 3.0? I used USB 3.0 which both the drone and Smart Controller are capable of so I doubt that's a factor but go ahead and try it if you have doubts.

Got up especially early this morning having not given a thought to my Mavic. Re-read all the tread above and decided to implement some of the hints and tips. So I sat down and spoke nicely to my controller, and did the following:
Switched it on and powered up the drone
Ensured that WIFI was off on the controller
Downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant to my mac
Rebooted my mac
Launched DJI Assistant
Plugged in the controller
Ran the upgrade and voila.
Thanks to all the tips and directions above, you guys are legends

Reactions: ff22
I was also having problems with this update using Assistant 2 for Mavic. It would pause at 16% and then again at 98% before telling me the update failed. I tried 4 times same thing each time. I then uninstalled Assistant 2 for Mavic and downloaded it again. Tried the firmware update again and it worked. It still pauses at 16% and at 98% but then after it rebooted the Smart Controller a couple of times it finished the update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial