DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware update for DJI Fly

saltydrone

Reactions
What's New
- Adds support for using FocusTrack, QuickShots (including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, and Boomerang), and Hyperlypse functions in Portrait mode for DJI Mini 3 Pro.
- Adds 2s to shutter interval in Hyperlapse for DJI Mini 3 Pro.
- Adds USB mode for DJI Mini 3 Pro to improve aircraft battery life when connecting aircraft with computer to export files (Go to Camera View Settings > Camera to enable this mode).

(Update aircraft and remote controller firmware to latest version to use above functions)

- Adds support for centering remote controller as the Indicator. Tap the upper left corner of the Indicator to switch.
- Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.

Reactions: BurntFloridian

I have opened both of my Tablets (Galaxy S2 and A8) that I use with my Mini 2 with the DJI Fly App. I've already posted numerous times about my dislike of the new Atti Indicator that came with Version 1.6.6, however, I just noticed that they also changed the Transmitter Icon on the Atti Indicator from just a Blue Dot with a triangle on it pointing in the direction of the controller…

Now, it is a Dot that changes color from Green when you are pointing the controller at the drone to maximizing signal to a Blue Dot when you are not pointing the controller at the Drone and you are not maximizing signal… This I Like!

I've now updated to Version 1.6.8 and the only information that DJI gave was in a pop up window, "Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality." There you have it a full explanation to satisfy anyone's curiosity, NOT!

So far, it seems to Operate Fine, Satellites came up quickly and Image Stability seems fine. One Point, and I'm trying to remember, when you Tap the RTH Button and the Popup Window comes up to Land or RTH, this Window now has a brief description of what each button does (that's good…).

I've not experienced any issues with quick shots as some users have posted about so I cannot comment on that other than it all seems to work as expected.

If I have any issues in the future, I will surly post them… Count on it!

Happy and Safe Droning -- LT

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev