DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware

Just updated to 550 on AC and RC.. No problems whatsoever encountered..

Have yet to test fly it to note for any difference yet.. Just hope tonight it won't be raining (again)

p.s :- All my settings was resetted.. I think I might go and do a compass and IMU calibraton again, just to be on the safe side.
For all said and done, only my gimbal settings wasn't affected.. weird..

OK so we know throttle up does not cancel Autoland with firmware .550. I just tested and confirmed the same as others have reported. I ran out of time to test more.

Can someone else check to see if Pause button Autoland Stop has been re-implemented. This would be a good thing to know, as it is more intuitive than the P/S Mode switch toggle.

Mavic Pro Release Notes
Mod edit..this was copied wrong. Msingers post is the correct Notes .
Date : 2017.03.02
Firmware : v01.03.0500
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.5
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.4

What’s New?

1. Updated No-Fly Zone management.
2. Optimized gimbal calibration.

did the firmware fix problems with litchi app?

I updated to 550 and flew last night. Everything at altitude (greater than 10 feet) and flying around were fine. The only thing I saw was that there were 3 times while hovering 5 feet off the road(I live on a dead end road with zero traffic) that it simply started drifting downward. It's raining today but I'll try to focus on that tomorrow or the weekend and see if I can duplicate the conditions.

This could easily be confirmed in the flight logs as it always logs a warning that says "OA will be disabled in Landing" just before landing.

I think that's a different matter. I believe the OA gets disabled during the descent/landing part of an RTH no matter what settings you have. But I think @Flawless was referring to the option that specifically enables/disables forward OA during RTH flight before the landing sequence. Apparently this RTH OA option was set to disabled by default in .0500, and perhaps set to enabled by default in .0550

I dont know what you mean by catastrophic issues with Litchi. As far as I know there were no issues with Litchi Waypoint Mode or for that matter Autopilots equivalent, so long as you set signal loss action to continue mission. I have used Litchi Wapypoint mode a few times with .500 firmware and it works fine. It is the Litchi flight modes like Track and Focus and FPV with Goggle that are effected. If you just want to Fly Litchi WPT missions you still can.

So census sounds like....if you want to do WPTmissions use litchi....everything else use DJI GO4 for now?

So census sounds like....if you want to do WPTmissions use litchi....everything else use DJI GO4 for now?
There is a new free DJI app dedicated for way point missions. It's only for iPad (not iPhones ) , not sure what the status with Android . To be honest I haven't used it yet.

I got my Mavic the first of January and using my Droid Turbo I have never had even one issue . I've flown the latest FW since the day they got released . I upgraded to .550 yesterday and flew two batteries in the same location as 90% of my flights and had severe video freezes and the app disconnected twice during flight . I never got over 700 feet away each time . It's very windy today so looks like Monday before I can do another flight but this has me concerned :(

I just updated to 550, I haven't flown it yet, the strange thing is that I cannot arm anymore the motors with the CSC command, anybody has noticed this?

Sorry, after restarting and calibrating the RC the CSC is working again for arming, yet after the upgrade had to recalibrate IMU and RC sticks, will do also a Compass calibration

After update do you really need to do a cal on RC/IMU?
i did not, updated yesterday two flights lasting 18 mins each no Re cal done or needed,, everything was rock steady for me, landings with landing check off were still good even in winds.

RTH was within inches with precision land (done twice from 600 and 900 meters).

No calibration commands everything looked good and green in the senors settings.

I dont know what you mean by catastrophic issues with Litchi. As far as I know there were no issues with Litchi Waypoint Mode or for that matter Autopilots equivalent, so long as you set signal loss action to continue mission. I have used Litchi Wapypoint mode a few times with .500 firmware and it works fine. It is the Litchi flight modes like Track and Focus and FPV with Goggle that are effected. If you just want to Fly Litchi WPT missions you still can.
Ok cool is that with Android?

Did the update yesterday, which took approx. 12 minutes, and flew this morning without any issues, using iphone 7 on latest version of GO 4 app.

Reactions: WAXMAN
After update do you really need to do a cal on RC/IMU?
As rule of thumbs on any firmware update you should recalibrate, it will not hurt and is a safe measure.
On this particular update I have noticed that the IMU chart was showing still an acceptable level of readings but with a slight higher fluctuation range so I decided to recalibrate.

The RC calibration instead was requested as there was a reading error on the gimbal wheel.

I saw a video of somebody crashing because he didn't calibrate and left the factory calibration, I don't want this to happen so IMHO a firmware update is one of the situations for which is advisable, my list of event which require a calibration includes, crashes, hard landings, bag drops and so on, high G events in general.

Reactions: LeMur and WAXMAN
As rule of thumbs on any firmware update you should recalibrate, it will not hurt and is a safe measure.
On this particular update I have noticed that the IMU chart was showing still an acceptable level of readings but with a slight higher fluctuation range so I decided to recalibrate.

The RC calibration instead was requested as there was a reading error on the gimbal wheel.

I saw a video of somebody crashing because he didn't calibrate and left the factory calibration, I don't want this to happen so IMHO a firmware update is one of the situations for which is advisable, my list of event which require a calibration includes, crashes, hard landings, bag drops and so on, high G events in general.

Thanks for elaborating.

my list of event which require a calibration includes, crashes, hard landings, bag drops and so on, high G events in general.

wow do you do all these things that often, you must have gone through a few mavics by now (just kidding ok)

Reactions: sirrraj
my list of event which require a calibration includes, crashes, hard landings, bag drops and so on, high G events in general.

wow do you do all these things that often, you must have gone through a few mavics by now (just kidding ok)
To be honest I am very new to the Mavic, I previously owned a Hubsan H501S which almost forced me to recalibrate the compass before any flight, I also own some little toy quads that every now and then need a quick IMU calibration. Therefore I don't find so disconfortable to do all the calibrations with a certain frequency.

Every time I did calibrations I saw my drones being more stable, of course the Mavic is more reliable, especially having two IMUs can correct errors but calibrating will not hurt and is a good way to check that all works as expected especially after a firmware upgrade.

I disagree, unless it tells you to calibrate best leave well alone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB