DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from Cincinnati

JayJ03

Reactions
Hi,

I am looking to pick up a Mavic 2 this week and checking in here to find out as much info as I can. I am trying to learn everything I can about the laws right now and trying to figure out where I can and can not fly. Are there any phone apps you guys like to use to check for any flight restrictions? I know the FAA rules and that I will need to register my drone. Cant wait to pick up my Mavic!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Are there any phone apps you guys like to use to check for any flight restrictions?
You can use the map in DJI GO and AirMap.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: JayJ03
@JayJ03, if you want to review the map in DJI GO at home, you can also view the zones on the GEO Zone Map on DJI's website. DJI GO will only show you zones near the aircraft's current location (or last location).

Hi,

I am looking to pick up a Mavic 2 this week and checking in here to find out as much info as I can. I am trying to learn everything I can about the laws right now and trying to figure out where I can and can not fly. Are there any phone apps you guys like to use to check for any flight restrictions? I know the FAA rules and that I will need to register my drone. Cant wait to pick up my Mavic!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2, I love mine. +1 on the AirMap app, it's very good. Fly safe and have fun!

Hey Jay ! I got my Mavic2 pro about 6 months ago and have had lots of fun flying, finding accessories, watching you tube videos about drones, and following posts on this forum! I downloaded about 4-5 apps on flying in restricted airspace and find AIRMAPS the one I use the most... you might have some trouble finding a place to fly being so close to NYC ... I have trouble finding places also being near Orlando Fl. I found a hiking trail park that is in open airspace but I have to travel 1/2 hour to get there ... if you want, check out my first few flights on you tube at Lou can-do ... not very scenic but had fun ... two of them were flights using the waypoints mode which is I think amazing ... have fun and welcome to the club !!

Hey Jay ! I got my Mavic2 pro about 6 months ago and have had lots of fun flying, finding accessories, watching you tube videos about drones, and following posts on this forum! I downloaded about 4-5 apps on flying in restricted airspace and find AIRMAPS the one I use the most... you might have some trouble finding a place to fly being so close to NYC ... I have trouble finding places also being near Orlando Fl. I found a hiking trail park that is in open airspace but I have to travel 1/2 hour to get there ... if you want, check out my first few flights on you tube at Lou can-do ... not very scenic but had fun ... two of them were flights using the waypoints mode which is I think amazing ... have fun and welcome to the club !!

Sorry Jay , thought you were from Yonkers NY ? ... looking at another Newbie’s post ... He is Jay 867 ... you might have an easier shot at finding a place than I thought !!

Sorry Jay , thought you were from Yonkers NY ? ... looking at another Newbie’s post ... He is Jay 867 ... you might have an easier shot at finding a place than I thought !!
I have a few places lined up already. :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista