DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from St. Augustine, Florida

ttyndall

Reactions
Just checking in as new members do. I have flown aircraft from line control to radio control from 6 years old till about 40.
Enjoyed helicopters and 1/4 scale. Family got in the way of hobbies and quit for a long time. I sell real estate and do my own Photography for MLS and Virtual Tours. Told my wife I needed the equipment for Real Estate but actually wanted to take up playing with cameras. Turned out to be beneficial for my business.
Now I want to take it to a different level and combine the fun of photography with flying.

I have been watching the forum for a while learning the difference in the different types of DJI equipment available. Actually wanted the Inspire but due to the size and portability figured I was better narrowing it to the Mavic 2 pro or P4P 2.0.
Keep looking at flying times and camera capability. Therefore have not rushed in and bought anything yet.
The thought of waiting to see if they are coming out with a Phantom 5 has me intrigued not knowing what upgrades may be with it.

In the end, I am going to hang around and read and learn as much as I can before I buy. Enjoy all the info I have been learning.
Thanks
Ted

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Weaponized, that could be good or bad depending on who you talk to. :)
If so email me tomorrow and let me know how we know each other.
[email protected]
Yup...definitely know you. I'll shoot you an email as I like to limit identity exposure in the forums for security reasons. At least you'll have some local knowledge at your disposal. I know your broker SD quite well. You and I spoke briefly at the last clay charity match.

Just checking in as new members do. I have flown aircraft from line control to radio control from 6 years old till about 40.
Enjoyed helicopters and 1/4 scale. Family got in the way of hobbies and quit for a long time. I sell real estate and do my own Photography for MLS and Virtual Tours. Told my wife I needed the equipment for Real Estate but actually wanted to take up playing with cameras. Turned out to be beneficial for my business.
Now I want to take it to a different level and combine the fun of photography with flying.

I have been watching the forum for a while learning the difference in the different types of DJI equipment available. Actually wanted the Inspire but due to the size and portability figured I was better narrowing it to the Mavic 2 pro or P4P 2.0.
Keep looking at flying times and camera capability. Therefore have not rushed in and bought anything yet.
The thought of waiting to see if they are coming out with a Phantom 5 has me intrigued not knowing what upgrades may be with it.

In the end, I am going to hang around and read and learn as much as I can before I buy. Enjoy all the info I have been learning.
Thanks
Ted
Howdy from Wyoming @ttyndall , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome. Kind of surprised as a photographer ( I am as well) you had the discipline to not buy the Mavic 2 with the Hassellblad camera. Good for you.
My jaw dropped when I saw this come out as I hadn't realized DJI has stock in Hassellblad. I have a MavPro and will most likely make the jump when the v2 of Mav2 comes out.

I should have mentioned I'm from the Jacksonville area (Middleburg).

I'd like to see what others thought on this as here's mine: Once you find a combinations that work between your bird/rc/display I'd recommend turning off auto-update.
DJI made a mistake (my opinion) in keeping all their products in one software. Too many models/versions to write for in one package. Point is all updates will not apply to your model (so no need to update). On the same matter as hi-tech evolves so does the requirements for your display. What works nice today may not next month (slight exaggeration).
My display had some video issues. Bought another but in researching what works/budget I found even CrystalSky was having issues?!?
I can move this question to another post if you would like. ps- I do tend to speak in generalities but not so far outside the idea.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50