DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New google 3 goggles still not suited to my requirements.

123taff

Reactions
I used to fly my Mavic with my Grandsons wearing a pair of original DJI goggles so they could see what the drone was shooting with me controlling it independently on my Iphone/controller.

I have completely gone over to flying the Mini 4 pro, due to the convenience of flying sub 250g drones in the UK

I was disappointed that I could not use goggles in a similar set up.

I was therefore hopefully anticipating when DJI brought out the goggles 3 and its compatibility with the Mini 4 pro.

However, if I have this correct, if using the googles, even without the motion controller, then the view on the RC2 blanks in favour of the goggles eyepieces.

This is useless to me, I want to be able to have the same set up as I used to have on the Mavic set up with me completely controlling the Min 4 pro from the RC2 and the Grandsons being able to wear the goggles and view the Drones view of the flight.

I don't know if this sort of set up would benefit any other drone flyers, but if so then like me it is another DJI disappointment!

I'm surprised DJI didn't give the option to also view the screen while googles were connected. Perhaps they will add it later via firmware update ? Anyway, I wonder if something like these might help you ? - it seems they don't turn off the RC screen when connected !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm surprised DJI didn't give the option to also view the screen while googles were connected. Perhaps they will add it later via firmware update ? Anyway, I wonder if something like these might help you ? - it seems they don't turn off the RC screen when connected !
I saw that video and I thought about buying the Viture XR glasses but after checking the reviews and the market, I'm finding too many for sale in the aftermarket for super cheap. It's almost like there's a lot of mediocre reviews and dissatisfaction for the results and people are disappointed. Perhaps why DJI hasn't done it because it's too plain and simple and doesn't work as well as you'd expect. Sounds like these glasses work better with a computer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjdrone