DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Hampshire Drone Prohibition

spamgnome

Reactions
Hello,

I noticed today on the New Hampshire State Parks site (Welcome) about 2/3 of the way down the page, it states, "Drone use is restricted at all NH State Park. Drone operators are not permitted to fly over or within NH State Park boundaries.

The red highlighting is mine. My understanding is that they don't have the legal authority to restrict flight OVER the park, but only the landing a takeoff (not necessarily in that order).

Is there a loophole in NH that I'm not aware of that makes this legally binding?

While they may not have authority to supersede FAA regs you’d get cited for disturbing the peace among other things. I would contact your legislators with polite educational info from FAA.

Reactions: WWMav
Check out this post from 2 years ago regarding drones and NH state parks.

Unless things have changed, you can apply for a permit to fly in NH state parks. Fee is $100 plus an expedite fee of $100 if you need it quickly.

Money solves many problems...

• Haha
Reactions: projectarjun
Hello,

I noticed today on the New Hampshire State Parks site (Welcome) about 2/3 of the way down the page, it states, "Drone use is restricted at all NH State Park. Drone operators are not permitted to fly over or within NH State Park boundaries.

The red highlighting is mine. My understanding is that they don't have the legal authority to restrict flight OVER the park, but only the landing a takeoff (not necessarily in that order).

Is there a loophole in NH that I'm not aware of that makes this legally binding?
I'm in NY and our state parks also prohibit drones, I think many states are prohibiting us. We need to contact our representatives and let them know we are united. If we don't stick together, soon Amazon, UPS and the rest will take our skies from us. HFTA!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett